Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Abandoned Town (Community Project)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42
Kia, I've already started making a new area but on -50y yet I'm not sure I wanna keep working on it, so I'm finishing up my first area.
And are you gonna add a wake up sequence in your first room where the map starts?
I have returned the map.
Taking it again on Friday if nobody does so before me. Tongue

Progress:
Spoiler below!

- Level design
* building (100%)
* decorating (about 90%)
* technical (eh... i'm not really sure)
* renaming everything in my room for more organized sorting (optional, even if I don't have the time for that, it's not important)
- Scripting
*scripting (75%)
*organizing my part (100%)

So I would say that general progress would be around 91.25%.

I'm going to sleep now. C:
(05-14-2014, 04:24 PM)artsyracoon Wrote: [ -> ]Kia, I've already started making a new area but on -50y yet I'm not sure I wanna keep working on it, so I'm finishing up my first area.
And are you gonna add a wake up sequence in your first room where the map starts?

Since it was the initial room, I'll put in a note on the desk explaining the project (so I'll make a lang file for that) and have the script areas we put around our rooms trigger text with the name of the creator c: (along with warnings if entering that room will prevent the player from turning back - I haven't run through the map recently, but I presume there is one where we teleport from 0y to -50y)

Other than that, I don't think a "wake up" sequence will be necessary since this map doesn't have a continuous narrative (other than what people put in in their rooms through script/mapping) :p
Ok, I'm taking it.
you might as well make your own custom story with what you've done at this point Tongue
Hey guys. Tongue
I have the map with me here and I'll start working on it again.
I fell asleep while I was working on it and then I didn't have time to pack it and upload it all along so I'm sorry. I'll resume working on it again.
As for the progress, it's going really well, the scripting has turned out great so far. Can't wait you guys to try it out. Smile
Again I'm so sorry, I did break the rules, I promise you that. I was working on it until 9 pm and then fell asleep and did not secretly work on it in the morning.
Hope you guys understand.

I have returned the map!

I have to go. Most of it is done; I just need to decorate places that lack detail. As for the scripting part I'll try to change something a bit with the sequence as well as change the position of the LookAt areas in the .map file itself because it looks kind of awkward... Anyway, if there's someone that wants to take it, go ahead. Also you can go and check out what I've done so far or you can wait till' it's completely done. Which will be really soon. Tongue
Good night.
I don't think anyone else wants to map at the moment, so breaking the rules didn't do much Smile
Are we gonna make a final (dead end) area to end everything since I think the map file is already too big and besides nobody wants to contribute anymore, at least not now. Any thoughts on how we can do this?
If Hardarm's map is complete, we should use that as an endpoint down the back (unless you have built off it artsy), and I think simply putting something which says "don't go this way, there is nothing" such as boards on a door on the opposite end could be enough, but that's just speculation for simplicity Smile
I'm taking it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42