Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Abandoned Town (Community Project)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42
undefined
so whats the deal here? are you working on it? I was thinking of taking it, making a small area, and finalizing the script between areas and making this whole thing something people can play.
I forgot about this when my exams kicked in, dayum.
I'll finish it now and get it back to you guys.

Edit 1: Mind if I upload it by tomorrow? I gotta go to sleep now.
On a side note, I'm entirely done with scripting. I just gotta fix the black planes near the altar and change a couple of things.

Edit 2: Currently finalizing.

DONE!
Hope you enjoy what I've made. Smile

Also, if someone could fix those billboards in my room I would really appreciate it. They look beyond odd. :c
//I said I'm terrible at doing billboards crap in the editor earlier. Tongue

Jun 4 Update

I'll leave this here just to keep track of my progress.
To do list:

- fix minor glitches and bugs | fixed
- fix a specific element in the script file | fixed (as of June 8)
- do extra detailing in the room itself | working on it

Jun 8 Update

FINAL version of my room should be uploaded tomorrow at its earliest. I sincerely apologize for the long wait. School for me hasn't ended just yet. Tongue

Jun 10 Update
Eh, I can't work on it anymore. The next mysterious person may as well take it. :3
(06-17-2014, 07:51 PM)valetheimpaler Wrote: [ -> ]...So did this die then?

That all rather depends on what you mean.
It seems that nobody wants to contribute at this time, but it doesn't mean the project is completely dead. If Streetboat decides to build his small area he mentioned a bit earlier and then Kia needs to finish her own area and wrap it up in the CS folder so that people can play it. Ask her for more info on the deadline and stuff though. I don't know much about it.

I can try to make a lang file if it's of any help for the project.
Basically what's happening:

It was waiting for Hardarm and I to finish our areas. Hardarm's done with his, so I just need to finish mine (apologies for that; I should be able to finish it and wrap up the project in a pretty CS bow by July 5).

In other words, the current version is wrapping up, but you're welcome to start a new map/gigantic community project since this one's pretty much closed/dead Big Grin
Hm. Alright, I was just curious since nothing seemed to be happening.
(06-17-2014, 08:35 PM)Carnivorous Jellybean Wrote: [ -> ]Basically what's happening:

It was waiting for Hardarm and I to finish our areas. Hardarm's done with his, so I just need to finish mine (apologies for that; I should be able to finish it and wrap up the project in a pretty CS bow by July 5).

In other words, the current version is wrapping up, but you're welcome to start a new map/gigantic community project since this one's pretty much closed/dead Big Grin

GIANT TOWN HUB IDEA COMMENCES
(06-20-2014, 04:07 AM)Harry Potter Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-17-2014, 08:35 PM)Carnivorous Jellybean Wrote: [ -> ]Basically what's happening:

GIANT TOWN HUB IDEA COMMENCES

yes pls
(06-20-2014, 04:07 AM)Harry Potter Wrote: [ -> ]GIANT TOWN HUB IDEA COMMENCES
Lead us on our journey Harry Potter.
You're the chosen one.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42