Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Abandoned Town (Community Project)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42
That pavement looks like a castlebase object streched far across the entire map.
Since yous guys are making a abandoned town, I give a couple of hints since I am making mod that you almost spend the time outside(shameful self promoting).
1): The Streets baseset from amfp and some assets from the celler(amfp one has buildings of pubs)/zimmerman and mansionbase coulld be useful for making towns/cities.

2): Use the roads from AMFP and detail tem(old newspapers/rubbish/dirt on the ground,the trucks/wooden carts from amfp about the place. They should make it less bland.For Example The Streets of London(even more shameful self promoting) has barrels/storage boxes/trucks/newspapers/wooden carts/corpses and cages(most likey not going to fit your abandoned town) on the roads/streets while the flat planes in Destiny Rebellion was more lazy in detailing the roads.

I hope this can help you guys on make your town more detailed, I would like to join in but i'm currently make my own burning city. Best of luck to yous guys.
Guys, don't panic, I think I know a little bit about making outdoor maps. Just maybe a little. :p

Nah, I kid, suggestions are totally welcome. You might think of something that never would have crossed my mind :D And best of luck to you on your CS, Newsman, sir!

And dammit, Spriggy, that arch!
Any chance I could use two adjacent buildings for my level?

If my idea is too much to do then I'll do something else, but what I was thinking was
Spoiler below!
Two buildings next to eachother. Building 1's door is locked/blocked/broken, however building 2 is open. You have to go through building 2 in order to reach the second floor balcony and hop over to building 1's window. Once they go through the window they'll be unable to return to the balcony, and so they'll have to find a way out of building 1.
If you build the two buildings yourself, go for it (since I'm not sure what the internal size is, I won't be able to estimate the external size and add that part to the hub map I'm making). Unless you have a completely different idea/suggestion for how to do that :D
(07-28-2014, 12:58 AM)Carnivorous Jellybean Wrote: [ -> ]Guys, don't panic, I think I know a little bit about making outdoor maps. Just maybe a little. :p

Nah, I kid, suggestions are totally welcome. You might think of something that never would have crossed my mind Big Grin And best of luck to you on your CS, Newsman, sir!

And dammit, Spriggy, that arch!

show off
>.> I have no idea what you're talking about
Still a sketch, unfinished and possibly a root for the description:

Spoiler below!
Robert wakes up from the streets of his home town stunned, noticing something he hardly expected. The blocks are dark from lights, roads silent from traffic and walkways empty from pedestrians. The only things that appear to keep noise among this omnious silence, are the blowing wind and crisping leaves of vegetation around him.
A long time has passed and unnoticed; the town seems abandoned, left alone with its own luck, with questions, which can be only answered by going deeper to the darkness, by exploring the familiar and finding the leads for the unfamiliar...
That sounds really good - what does everyone else think? :)
I try to create something unique in my opinion: basing it not with mysterious amnesia or memory loss, not with mysterious place where you just enter in for some reason, but with mysterious events in a familiar place, which have occured without the protagonist noticing. There's a mysterious factor why he has slept these events, why he was been prevented to see everything that has occured within the town. Something interesting for the player to explore and to find out by little steps.
Haven't thought this much further, if you have any ideas to add, from making a level for example, I'll try to intengrate it someway and somehow. Cooperation is not prohibited.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42