Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Application Crashes During Startup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A few hours ago, I purchased Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs through Steam. Unfortunately, the game does not launch, even after going through both Troubleshooting Guides. I am not sure what I am doing wrong and would greatly appreciate help. Thank you.

1.) Windows 8, 64-bit
2.) Laptop
3.) See attached below.
You are using an unsupported graphics card. Intel HD cards are not supported. Try updating your drivers to the latest from intel.com using the have disk method as mentioned at the graphics card troubleshooting guide.
Thanks for the response. I redid that step of the Troubleshooting Guide just to confirm and the game still crashes at the start.
Have you tried a steam file integrity check? If after that the problem continues, it's definitely the unsupported Intel HD graphics card.
(04-19-2014, 02:47 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried a steam file integrity check? If after that the problem continues, it's definitely the unsupported Intel HD graphics card.

That did it! Something must have gone wrong with the installation process.

Thank you so much.