Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Maya model doesn't import animation! Please help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello everybody! I have created a simple mesh, and added some simple joints as well as painted some skin weigths. I have then animated the model, exported it as a .Dae, imported it into model viewer (where it shows just fine). All good except my animations didn't seem to load into model viewer, so can anybody help me understand and troubleshoot my problem?

Also i should say that my skin have been set to smooth bind with a max influence of 2. i Know that is supposed to be as so.

i have also added the file as an attachment so you can see for yourself. Thanks in advance! Smile
Did you check the "Animations" and the "Joints and Skin" box when you exported? Btw, the max influence you can set is 3 so you can raise it if you want.

Edit: I can't look at your test file since there is no texture included.
oh my texture file was just a white pic i assigned to a lambert, and added it in the same directory Smile

(05-01-2014, 07:30 PM)Juras Wrote: [ -> ]Did you check the "Animations" and the "Joints and Skin" box when you exported? Btw, the max influence you can set is 3 so you can raise it if you want.

Edit: I can't look at your test file since there is no texture included.

oh my texture file was just a white pic i assigned to a lambert, and added it in the same directory Smile

EDIT: And yes, i did check those, and still no animation :/
Well I need that white pic since you assigned that to the material, otherwise I can't open the model :/ can you upload the maya file with the white pic instead?
[attachment=4429]
(05-01-2014, 10:06 PM)Juras Wrote: [ -> ]Well I need that white pic since you assigned that to the material, otherwise I can't open the model :/ can you upload the maya file with the white pic instead?

Sure man! Smile and thanks for trying to help me out! really appreciate this! Smile
No problem Smile Hmm I opened it and everything looked fine, the joints were there and log file didn't show any erros but like you said, the animation doesn't play. Could you upload the maya file so I can take better look?
[attachment=4431]
(05-01-2014, 10:22 PM)Juras Wrote: [ -> ]No problem Smile Hmm I opened it and everything looked fine, the joints were there and log file didn't show any erros but like you said, the animation doesn't play. Could you upload the maya file so I can take better look?

sure thing Smile it's wierd right? You can even see the framerate counter counting in the model viewer but nothing shows :/
Yeah, it is weird. It's kinda late here and I have to go to sleep now but I'll take a deeper look tommorow and see if I can fix it Smile
(05-01-2014, 11:36 PM)Juras Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, it is weird. It's kinda late here and I have to go to sleep now but I'll take a deeper look tommorow and see if I can fix it Smile

Thanks so mcuh! Smile i hope we can figure this out Smile
Am i seriously the only one with this issue? :/
Pages: 1 2