Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: A small question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I notice that in the original game maps folder there are a few extra files, cache files and nodes files as they are called. I know how the cache one appear and what it does. But how does the nodes file appear? It obviously has something to do with testing the nodes for the enemy.
(05-03-2014, 03:12 PM)Neelke Wrote: [ -> ]I notice that in the original game maps folder there are a few extra files, cache files and nodes files as they are called. I know how the cache one appear and what it does. But how does the nodes file appear? It obviously has something to do with testing the nodes for the enemy.

Yes, it appears when you made pathnodes for the enemy in the level editor! that file should be there I think! I have one too.
It should be automatically generated when you have nodes and monsters walking around. I guess it's the engine's way of calculating many possible paths and general methods for the monsters to navigate.
It's an emergency plan for the grunt to evacuate.
Sorry for the late response, been away today. Thanks guys, appreciate it as always Rolleyes