Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Changing sound of a rock
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a debris entity (a stone) called "stone_med01_brown". I have scripted the rock to fall onto the ground when a player walks past it, but I want to change its sound so that when it hits the floor it plays a much more reverberant sound (that I've already created). How do I change the entity's sound when it hits the ground? I think I need to use the Model Editor but I'm not sure where I change the sound. Thanks.
There is a much easyer way to do.
You can use PlaySoundAtEntitie for YOUR sound on a scriptarea where the stone falls on the ground.
Add a script area on the ground underneath the stone.
Add a collide function if the rock toutches the scriptarea add your PlaySoundAtEntitie( the script area underneath the rock).
--
I hope this is what you mean, this is a very easy way ( altho you can still hear the Original sound as well, maybe not//
(05-08-2014, 09:20 PM)DnALANGE Wrote: [ -> ]There is a much easyer way to do.
You can use PlaySoundAtEntitie for YOUR sound on a scriptarea where the stone falls on the ground.
Add a script area on the ground underneath the stone.
Add a collide function if the rock toutches the scriptarea add your PlaySoundAtEntitie( the script area underneath the rock).
--
I hope this is what you mean, this is a very easy way ( altho you can still hear the Original sound as well, maybe not//

I'll use the info you gave me and work on it. Thanks! Big Grin
Yes, that method is probably something you'd prefer. Another way you can do it, is to make it use those sounds internally, but that requires modifying/using your own materials.cfg file. Doing so does not work with a custom story; only full conversion mods.
(05-08-2014, 10:21 PM)Mudbill Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, that method is probably something you'd prefer. Another way you can do it, is to make it use those sounds internally, but that requires modifying/using your own materials.cfg file. Doing so does not work with a custom story; only full conversion mods.
Ah yeah I see. Alright, thanks man.