Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Custom hand animation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi. I would like to change animation on amnesia hands. I just want rotate it, but i can't and I must do own animation. What program is better, Maya or 3ds Max?
Pretty sure only Maya will work. And I would recommend the 2011 version cause it works best with animations for HPL2, atleast for me.
You can use Cinema 4D aswell. (It works for me)
I don't think 3ds Max is supported until the beta patch is released (unless you keep using the beta).
Maya 2011 is the only verision that works for animation with HPL2.
I used only 3ds max, now when I saw Maya i don't understand nothing :/. It's very different. Is there any tutorial how to animate sth? I imported original hands, and there are a lot of lines around hand. What is that? And how can I move to animating this?
(05-21-2014, 03:07 PM)Traggey Wrote: [ -> ]Maya 2011 is the only verision that works for animation with HPL2.
I used Cinema 4D and it worked. Even with animations.
(05-21-2014, 05:05 PM)Skyy Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-21-2014, 03:07 PM)Traggey Wrote: [ -> ]Maya 2011 is the only verision that works for animation with HPL2.
I used Cinema 4D and it worked. Even with animations.

Might've implied that the only Maya version that works is the 2011 one, which is true. If I remember correctly though, the beta patch allows use of the 2014 version too, but don't take my word for it. I think that's dependent on the Collada plugin.
Isn't it because the beta patch allows the implementation of FBX into hpl? That's what the characters for AMFP were in.
Ah yeah, that was it. Maya 2014 can export fbx but Amnesia can't use it without that patch.
Pages: 1 2