Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: The shadow (Amnesia: TDD sequel) [IFC]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
"You're the only one that can stop it. You won't understand it yet but believe me Adam, one day you will understand and you will stop it."

A few years later my grandfather, Daniel, passed away. I found him in his mansion covered in blood and a couple off deep cuts. Back then I had no idea what happened to him, but now I finally understand.

When I was younger he used to tell me stories about his time in a castle called Brennenburg, he told me about a man named Alexander. He has no memory of how he met Alexander, but he remember how he killed him. I never understood why he killed and when I asked all he said was "the shadow".

It's been three years since he passed away now and I have been thinking about the shadow every single day. I understand that I need to stop the shadow but I have no idea what it is. How am I supposed to stop it if I don't even know what it is? I figured that the only thing I can do is to go to my grandfathers old mansion and look for clues.

The only thing I could think about during the journey to the mansion was his last words to me.

"It was my greatest triumph... and I never looked back. You think I was afraid fleeing Brennenburg? Quite the contrary. I knew it was my purgatory - hellfire made to wash away my sins. There's no denying the things I've done. But I have paid my tribute. I gave them that awful man... I did the right thing."

This is (what I think) would have happened after Daniel escapes the castle in the Revenge ending.

Screenshots:

Spoiler below!
Coming soon!

Release date:

Spoiler below!
Q1 2015

If you find any errors in the text or story feel free to tell me.
Good story imo, mate.

Planning on using MFP assets?
(05-27-2014, 05:57 PM)Diamond Lazzer Wrote: [ -> ]Good story imo, mate.

Planning on using MFP assets?
I'm not sure, I have some problems with them since I'm on Windows 8.
Just for the sake of a good looking intro:

Spoiler below!

"...I found him in his mansion cover in blood and a couple..."
Change cover to covered.

"He has no memory off how he meet Alexander..."
Change off to of.

"...stop the shadow but I have now idea what it is."
Change now to no.

And this one was my favourite..
"...tell me stories about his time in a castle called Bennenburg..."
Change Bennenburg to Brennenburg. I find it funny because it is spelt correctly later.. Tongue

There's a few past vs present tense issues, but very minor - wouldn't worry about them as they are hardly noticeable. Smile

Looks promising though, keeping my eye on this!
^ Agreed with Rom.

Also, I don't know if you plan on having voice acting or if you'll even have any female roles, but I'dbe happy to help, especially seeing that this will be more directly related to TDD. Big Grin
While we're going, might just throw this in too, just because you were changing that sentence anyway:

"He has no memory off how he meet Alexander..."
Meet should be met.
Thank you all for the help!