Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Double-sided textures?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, does anyone know if HPL supports double sided textures export from Maya as .dae using Collada? If it does, could you tell me how?

Right now I just need it because I noticed entities (in the Level Editor) can only be selected by clicking on the texture of the model applied. This is a slight inconvenience to me because I use a basic plane as the model, which has applied a texture to it (the texture is invisible because the model is just a placeholder), but since the texture is only on one side, the entity can only be selected from one side. It's a bit annoying. I can easily work around it by changing the plane to a box, or doing something to make a polyface face out from the back as well, but double-sided textures would be the best.

Thanks ^^
I don't think HPL supports it. The only work around for here is to make another face on the other side and apply the texture.
in HPL you will have to make do with duplicating the face(s) and flipping the normals if you want texture on both sides.
Alright then. Bit annoying, but I can deal with it. At least I now have an answer, and a reason to stop trying exports of all kinds and settings.