Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: {SOLVED} Changing Particle Size
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looking to make some BIG fire. A LOT bigger than the given fire particles. I don't have much knowledge of the particle editor, so if anyone could help me out?

I don't even know if it's possible and how I might go about doing it. I want to at least quintuple the size of one of the fire particles, maybe even bigger if it doesn't kill the level with lag.

Thanks. Big Grin
Which particle? Tell me one, I'll give it a try.
For size, go to rendering tab.
(06-06-2014, 04:11 AM)Amn Wrote: [ -> ]Which particle? Tell me one, I'll give it a try.
For size, go to rendering tab.

The particle is fire_stove_small.

Doesn't seem to be working very well for me...
Use the fire from mfp.
if you have mfp check particle called.....
Smthing like fireroof or something like that, check for you tomorrow.
easyest way and there are those...small particlestoo you can add, named........fire something..
LOL.... youll see in the particles map from mfp.
(06-08-2014, 12:16 AM)DnALANGE Wrote: [ -> ]Use the fire from mfp.
if you have mfp check particle called.....
Smthing like fireroof or something like that, check for you tomorrow.

ps_fire_streets_window.ps?

I just played around with that particle for a moment and as Amn said, you can do it from the render tab. I couldn't get it to go directly upward, but there are plenty of other fire particles you can use.

[Image: 49ebf4186e.png]
What they said, and here's mine attached.
Thanks a lot guys. Smile I ended up using the particle Romulator suggested, as well as the size he had in the screen shot. It's working well for me.

For some reason, whenever I manipulated the original fire particle, it didn't get very much bigger, and when I put in big values for the render size, I got a really cool looking atom effects, however they wouldn't have been put to good use for what I had in mind for actual fire, haha.

Thanks! As always for the help! Big Grin
Teehee.. you didn't have to use my suggestion Blush but I'm glad you got it solved Smile
Good luck on your project!
That was my idea Sad Bleeeehhhh. (joking hehhe)
Just couldnt find the name ( wasnt behind my pc )
Good you have got what you want!
Were here for any other questions.