Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Questin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have used Maya for modelling for about two years, but i haven't done much for gaming yet.
Sadly, I can't texture at all, but i prefer to use detail and shading to make up for missing textures.

Give me a minute to find some examples of what i have done...
Strange, I always thought maya was the dying breed.
http://www.google.com/trends?q=maya%2C+3...all&sort=0
(Than again, there might be a lot of bands named "maya" or maya ruins, ect)

The sad thing is computer modeling in general follows the same path 3dmax is taking - downward. Animation and computer animation have both been winding down.
Huh? Animation is going downwards? The mighty Kung Fu Panda sais otherwise.
hahaha lol

also tbh not really, you can just take a look at the CGI sequences from japanese games, specialy Square Enix games lol
How is animations becoming worse? Rendering is faster now, tools are more efficcient now. Although the artists might not be as ambitious as they once were.
I meant the interest in them seems to be winding down - less people are searching for it.

And believe me, artists are continually getting more ambitious than they once were.
WindexGlow that is the final result? Or its in camera mode?
Im quite new to modeling(but i start like 1 year ago and dropped) and how can i "run free" in the final result?
It's the final result - not actual play view, but in the HPL viewer (which is exactly the same as normal, just without player collision)
(01-17-2009, 08:19 PM)DiNeRo Wrote: [ -> ]heres some of mine
Spoiler below!

[Image: wip3-2.png]
[Image: head1.jpg]
[Image: Claymore___Clair__s_sword_by_Osa_Soft.png]
[Image: 3D_Death_Note_WIP_10_by_Osa_Soft.png]
[Image: 95214_1.jpg]

Looks like Severance: Blade of Darkness mixed with Jedi Knight... Big Grin:
Pages: 1 2