Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Poll To Change The Forum Theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think this has been long requested, yet nothing has changed.
It feels like every request have been ignored.

Okay, let me speak out my complaiment first: The theme of this forum looks like opposite how it should be, blue on bright white.
Nothing dark there, nothing horror related.

Besides, the current theme starts to feel boring.

Just look, for example, what miracles Pcsx2 forum has made true with MyBB.
http://forums.pcsx2.net

Now, you can choose one of two options:
First for changing the theme and second for keeping as current.
And also let everyone hear your opinion on this if you dare.
I think FG should work on SOMA instead of deciding the theme of their forum.
Or at least change the color.
I bet it wouldn't delay it from its planned release dates.
Or would it? Several minutes effort?
I like this theme, as almost generic as it is, it's really easy on the eyes. I've been on a ton of forums however, that just me a terrible headache because all the colors are are red and black, or blue and black.
I actually find dark backgrounds to be easier on my eyes. I use Stylish on many of the websites I visit frequently, so that I can change the backgrounds to dark grey or just plain black.

The default theme of the forum could remain as it is now, but it would be nice if registered members had the option to choose a different theme in the User CP.

(06-14-2014, 01:20 AM)i3670 Wrote: [ -> ]I think FG should work on SOMA instead of deciding the theme of their forum.

I just recently became a co-admin of a private forum hosted at MyBB, and installing pre-created themes seems to be pretty easy and quick. I don't think it would interfere with the development schedule of SOMA at all!
I like this theme (Even though it is the default of MyBB). It is very easy on the eyes.
I like this theme, but I agree with you, it's a bit boring.
Creating a new theme wouldn't take so long if you had access to the html files, depending on what changes you wanted to make.

If you wanted to simply change the colors around, it'd take about five minutes.
If you wanted to add a background picture or something of the sorts, it might be a little longer.

I wouldn't mind if it stayed like this forever but knowing FG if they change it it'd look cool too.
If it is going to postpone SOMA then, no. Besides the theme isn't that bad. Actually, it is better than OK.
yes new theme