Frictional Games Forum

Full Version: Black screen after logo seconds after launching game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

platelminto

Basically I have already read the troubleshooting guide, and my problem was included but both the fixes (turning off SSAO & checked if my graphic card was updated) didn't work, the game still gives me a black screen seconds after it launches. I tried restarting Steam, changing a few of the settings, nothing. I read I should check that my DPI is at 100% but I do not know what that means or where to change it, since I couldn't find it in the game settings panel. My drivers have OpenGL, I have a Mac OS X 10.9.3 and I've downloaded the game an hour ago. Anyone got any ideas on a fix?

Thanks for reading,
platelminto.
Thank you for reading the troubleshooting guides, most people ignore them. As mentioned at Problem X though, attach HPL.log after the crash occurs.

Moved to MAC section. The DPI option is for Windows systems only so it makes sense not being able to find it.

platelminto

Sorry, didn't read that last part. Here's the HPL.log (attachment)
Have you tried a steam file integrity check first?

polyrhythmic81

i had the same issue. disabling the steam overlay worked for me.

(06-30-2014, 01:58 AM)polyrhythmic81 Wrote: [ -> ]i had the same issue. disabling the steam overlay worked for me.

i have a late 2013 15" macbook pro retina with the nVidia GT 750M. running OS X 10.9.3, downloaded the game on steam, obviously. I had the same issue in Dark Descent, and disabling the overlay fixed that as well.