Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Integrated Graphics + Nvidia Graphics Problem, in spite of forum troubleshooting.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I followed all the instructions for a laptop with dedicated (nvidia) and integrated graphics.

Unfortunately, since I am launching form steam, many of the options don't work. For example, I cannot go directly to the app and launch because it is blocked by steam.

If I launch through steam, I do not have an option to right-click-force dedicated graphics.

When I launch it ONLY shows my integrated graphics.

I have updated all drivers and checked if that fixed it, and nope.
The solution is there at step 2 (3rd dot). You have to use the Nvidia Control Panel to manually force the game to run with the nvidia card.

https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/th...#pid258655

Note: aamfp.exe mentioned at the guide is for Amnesia A Machine for Pigs but the process is the same for The Dark Descent as well.
Thank you, I did do that, but its still not showing the Nvidia card as an option.

Maybe its using it anyways and I don't know? Or should the launcher show up as my dedicated card using this method?
Run the game once, exit and check the HPL.log file as mentioned at Problem X of the troubleshooting guide. It should say Renderer: Nvidia.
Make sure that the computer is plugged in and that it is not running a power saver plan or similar, as I think that will make the computer always pick the integrated graphics.
As a last resort you could try setting the global setting in the nVidia Control Panel from "Automatic" to your nVidia card.