Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia not saving my settings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello! I installed Amnesia: AMFP and it seems on medium I'm lagging a bit so I turned evrything to low, distabled effects and so. But it seems the game don't save my settings. It still stays on medium. I have Windows 7 32-bit, HP laptop.
HPL.log is attached.
EDIT: I tried to run it as admin..still not working
If you are using Steam, try turning off cloud sync for AMFP in Steam and see if that helps.
No, I am not using steam. Is there a solution for non-steam?
What version of the game are you using?
Well, the first one. Is there a patch for the game?
What "first one"? From where?
I mean I didn't patched it. It's from gog.com
Go to Documents\Amnesia\Pig and delete all .cfg files found in there. Stat the launcher and it should recreate the setting files.
I re-installed the game, found a patch from gog, patched it and the settings went down and the performance went up. But the shadows are not disabled. They are still active even if it says Shadows:Off in the options.
P.S My Graphic card is AMD Radeon HD 6470M.
This graphics card should be able to handle the game just fine on normal settings at least. Disable SSAO first as it's very intensive with minimal visual impact. It has never been reported before the game not saving graphical settings so it must be applying them. Remember that some of them require a game restart to change.
Pages: 1 2