Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: My Sound Doesn't come ?!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello! i made a sound of outlast END music... just shorter and converted into a
OGG file and hade an snt file with this inside :

PHP Code:
<SOUNDENTITY>
  <
SOUNDS>
      <
Main>
          <
Sound File="outside.ogg" />
      </
Main>
  </
SOUNDS>
  <
PROPERTIES Volume="5" MinDistance="50" MaxDistance="60" Random="0" Interval="0" FadeEnd="False" FadeStart="False" Stream="False" Loop="False" Use3D="false" Blockable="False" BlockVolumeMul="0.7" Priority="5" />
</
SOUNDENTITY

Yes , my sound name is Outside ...
but i don't hear anything ?! please help me! and the distance :S i changed already Sad please can someone help me //???
While I don't think I can help you if this music is from Outlast...

Why can't you just use PlayMusic? Is it actually a Sound that is supposed to be triggered or is it background music?

If it is background music:
PHP Code:
void OnStart()
{
PlayMusic("outside.ogg"false100.0f0.5f10false);

If yes, you are meaning to use a sound:

Script:
PHP Code:
PlaySoundAtEntity("""oustide.snt""<name_of_entity>"0.5ffalse); 

outside.snt:
PHP Code:
<SOUNDENTITY>
  <
SOUNDS>
      <
Main>
          <
Sound File="outside.ogg" />
      </
Main>
  </
SOUNDS>
  <
PROPERTIES Volume="5" MinDistance="0" MaxDistance="20" Random="0" Interval="0" FadeEnd="False" FadeStart="False"
Stream="False" Loop="False" Use3D="false" Blockable="False" BlockVolumeMul="0.7" Priority="5" />
</
SOUNDENTITY
omg! thank you!! i changed the snt file.. and placed the sound thing in my map it work! thankyou!!! but why did you thougt outlast music isn't possible ?! but thanks Big Grin
It's not that it is not possible.

It's just illegal to use sounds/music from other games UNLESS
1) You have written consent; such as a document outlining the rights of use
2) Your project does not breach copyrights imposed by the creator(s) of used content.
3) You have permission to use because it does not impose copyright or trademarking.

Use of stolen assets, sounds, music and/or graphics on the forum is, in short, forbidden.
This music is from Samuel Laflamme... and i thougt he said we don't had to aks to post or use him Outlast musics... but is this ILLEGAL now ?! ??
Yes it is "illigal"
At least here on the forum the rules are NOT to use copyright music \ pictures \ enemy's \ etcetc..
You can use all of the assets\sounds\music from all games Frictional Games made\makes.
Example:
Amnesia the dark descent
Amnesia a machine for pigs
All of the franchise of Penumbra series.
ow... is it illegal to if you get permission from the owner ?! or MUST we have from frictional games....
It is not illegal if you get permission from the owner, you are allowed to use any music ONLY if you have permission. So don't worry Wink
ow.. Smile thanks! Big Grin
No problem Smile