Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: How to make a Endless Stairs like in mario 64??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would love to make a Stairway that cannot be climbed. like in mario 64. I would like to know if there would be a way to make a script and use entities to make the same kind of effects from mario 64 endless stairs

Here's a Gif of the stairs itself in mario 64:
[Image: Mario_Endless_Stairs.gif]

Mario 64 Endless Stairs - VIDEO
Well what you could do is make the stairs, but not infinitely. Just until the end is not visible because of the culling. Then make a script area in the n step and script it so you're back to the beginning.
yes i understand but the teleport script is too visible. the player will notice it. i want something thats not noticeable. if it is impossible to do well that's too bad.
yea u can do tat u hav to teleport to a place where it looks exactly the same as the place it looked before u teleported

(07-23-2014, 05:17 AM)BigG2k Gameplay Wrote: [ -> ]Here's a Gif of the stairs itself in mario 64:
[Image: Mario_Endless_Stairs.gif]

Mario 64 Endless Stairs - VIDEO

when i had tat game i ran up the stairs for 6 minutes until i relized im a f*** idiot
(07-23-2014, 05:55 AM)BigG2k Gameplay Wrote: [ -> ]yes i understand but the teleport script is too visible. the player will notice it. i want something thats not noticeable. if it is impossible to do well that's too bad.

It's definitely possible.

https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/th...ight=Apfel

Give that a download and look over the code Smile
wats the script i cant find it
thank for your reply. if I find a good way to do this I will post it for you all to try.