Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Room Filling With Water Effect?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm just curious, is there any way that I might be able to make an code to have a liquid area and a plane both rising slowly?
I don't know about the area, but I know you cannot raise a plane through script.
A primitive plane nope, but you can with an animated model. Explanation:

Create a 3D model which is just a plane, and add the water texture. Then, animate it so it goes up. Done.

Then, in your level, create lots of liquid areas, one for 0.5 unit aprox and disable them. All of them. Then, make a script that enables them as the water rises and you're done.

Obviously this is the simple explanation, the "how to proceed". If you need more details, ask :3
I remember that someone made flooding particle effect (Statyk I think, but i might be wrong, sorry creator if im wrong!). You can find that effect in The Great Work or Rain but it's complicated to script that, tho good luck :p
(08-21-2014, 01:25 PM)Lazzer. Wrote: [ -> ]I remember that someone made flooding particle effect (Statyk I think, but i might be wrong, sorry creator if im wrong!). You can find that effect in The Great Work or Rain but it's complicated to script that, tho good luck :p

Yes, I got it from Statyk. Smile It looks like it's been removed from the forums though. If needed, you should be able to extract it from my mod.