Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: possible to have 2 amnesia ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
is it possible to have 2 Amnesia game folders ? (install on on C: drive and other on other drive...
because the amnesia from now... (with AMPF patch)
laggs everytime! my is lagging Sad so is it possible to have 2 ?
so i can play on other amnesia without that patch... Big Grin
YEs it is possible..
BUT the game will look for the MyDocuments folder....
SO, not sure what is will do..
It is 100% possible if you have a DRM free copy of the game. Just install it again on a different location.

As for Steam I'm not so sure, since I do not know the absolute specifics on that, but if it is possible then you will need to have two installations of Steam on your computer.
my amnesia game is now in D: Thing...
(not steam) if i install the amnesia game on my :E thing... will it be clear ? and work...
Yes, DRM copies of the game run independent of each other (Except for save games). Regarding assets, custom stories, and anything else the newly installed Amnesia will be a fresh copy.

I speak this from experience since I myself have three iterations of Amnesia installed (C:, D:, and Steam)
wow.. but that means that saves all exist on the new one but the ASSETS that i installed (custom) doesn't exist ? Big Grin
(09-18-2014, 05:02 PM)Amnesiaplayer Wrote: [ -> ]wow.. but that means that saves all exist on the new one but the ASSETS that i installed (custom) doesn't exist ? Big Grin

Yes the assets come from the Amnesia's main installation folder. Reinstalling the game (Or installing it somewhere else new in this case) will result in a completely vanilla copy of Amnesia.