Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Recurring issue on wiki
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Another wiki thread, yeah yeah.

I just need to ask and see if anyone knows anything or can help. There's a parsing issue that keeps popping up on the engine scripts page (one of the most important pages), and I keep restoring it to a working revision. After doing so I see the issue is gone, but randomly later (usually a day or so) it pops right back up there.

I feel like this is important to fix quickly but I don't know what to do.
The issue looks like this when it happens:
[Image: KyXibz4.png]

Help?

Trying to restore it now doesn't help me. It seems to keep messing up the same section, and rewriting it hasn't given me any good results. I can't keep doing this forever o.o

It seems that even if I open a fully working revision to restore, the issue pops up while in the editor, before I even get to save it.

I think I managed to restore a non-corrupt version, but it's only a matter of time until it's messed up again.
I had a look at it, but I didn't manage to fix it and I don't want to break it further, so I didn't hit save.

I was wondering though... that _fckg_QUOT doesn't look right. It seems to be used for empty strings ("") but I'm not sure why. I tried opening the source code and replacing all occurances of it with "" and whilst that was displayed correctly, it didn't solve the styles problem in the subsequent paragraphs.

I wonder if replacing the _fckg_QUOT's (lol) with &quot's, and then redoing the formatting might make it stick.... but aint nobody got time for that!
Wait, now that I think about it... It probably uses "" for some parsing. For example bold text is **text**, so whatever it is, it probably uses ""text"". I use the "" appearance twice I think, so it probably messes up any additional formatting in between those. That's kinda annoying.

Edit: I played around with it a bit. https://wiki.frictionalgames.com/playground/playground
As you can see, quotes are parsed as _fckg_QUOT and fckg_QUOT_. Perhaps the real method of getting past this is to use the <nowiki> tag I've seen a few times, but I decided to just go with If empty instead of If "". It seems to have fixed it for now, but any further edit to that page will corrupt it again. It's not when it's first written that the issue occurs, but when it tries reparsing it later for the editor again. So opening the editor and saving is when it happens. The only way I see to get to the editor and bypassing this is to use the Basic DokuWiki editor (DW Edit button) but when you click that, it saves the work right before, so you corrupt the page in the process.