Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Black Plague Graphical Glitches
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have an NVidia GeForce 7800 GTX graphics card and i bought the retail cd version of the Penumbra Collection. I've beated Overture and had no technical problems. As soon as i started Black Plague, something was wrong. I installed the patch hoping this would fix it, but it hasn't.
Anyway, when i have the bloom on, i sometimes see other images than what i am looking at form over the screen. They are kind of transparent and skewed. This is not a huge issue, but it is distracting. Also, whenever i am trying to pick up an object, i have to aim a fair distance below it to get the "pick up" or "grab" hand.
When i turn bloom off, these glitches disappear, but a new one appears. The top maybe fifth of my screen just becomes a continuation of one pixel line. so, there are just streaks of color going up and down the top of my screen. If I'm not being clear and you need me to post screen shots, i can do that.
Any suggestions?
What resolution are you using? Try changing it to something lower and see if that fixes the problem.
(03-29-2009, 11:42 AM)Thomas Wrote: [ -> ]What resolution are you using? Try changing it to something lower and see if that fixes the problem.

I was useing 1280x800. I turned it down to 640X480, or whatever the lowest is, and it worked, but i didn't like how it looked, so i actually turned it up to 1280 X1024 and it looks better and it fixed the problem. So looks like it was just a problem with the initial setting. that's weird.. Any idea why that happens?