Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Specs, OS, and other bits
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there,
I have just become addicted to the penumbra series Cool
and have recently become fascinated with the game unknown.
I just have a few question if anyone working on it could tell me, or if anyone knows?

1. Will the game be released with compatibility with Mac?
2. What are the specs?
3. Finally, will Frictional games be partnering with Onlive?
1: They are very likely to keep the trend of releasing on mac (and linux too, I believe)
2: I do not believe they have released the specs, but it will likely match those of Penumbra Black Plague.
3: Too lazy to do a google search - OnLive is that company that hosts teh game on their computers, and gives you a video link right? If so, very unlikely. This is a very small indie game, one that doesn't require a heavy computer to max out.
1) Mac will not mostly likely not be released when the PC version is, but our goal is to make a mac version afterwards.

2) Specs will be higher than the Penumbra games. Do not have any solid details but pixel shader 2.0 will be minimum.

3) If onlive works, then perhaps so.
It's funny how Windex are answering the questions with no real idea of how things look. Not to disrespect you Windex but made me chuckle a little. Wink:
Actually nack, I believe they said in the past that the specs would match those of Penumbra - which disappointed me.
Ah, I must have missed that! My bad. ^^
Im curious, does it matter if the os is different, like; windows 7, xp and vista, or does it just have to be windows?
7, xp, and vista will probably all work. Windows 7 isn't a major change from vista, so most things that work on vista will work on windows 7.
What about different consoles?
Or is it only gonna be out for PC?

Just had to ask, so that there won't be 1000 threads about the same thing all over again like it did with Penumbra. -.-