Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Particle crashes my editor (FIXED)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I wanted to implement the worm vomit particle from Penumbra Black Plague. So I made one in Amnesia with same variables and coordinates with size, color and etc.

But when I tried to load it in game, it crashed my Level Editor. I open up the particle.hpl and it tells me this:

ERROR: Type with ID 1 not created.
ERROR: Type with ID 5 not created.

What could be the reason this happens?
MMmmh, check the material if you have it.
That crashed my game once. May I have the particle so I can take a look?
Surely. I don't entirely see though how the material can crash it.
About that ID 1, 5 error, I have it too in my ParticleEditor.log before I even touched your particle.
So it must be normal, that log entry appears right after you open the editor.
Spoiler below!
Code:
Created Entity Loader
Added object type: ParticleEmitter <ParticleEmitter>
ERROR: Type with ID 1 not created.
ERROR: Type with ID 5 not created.

So my guess is this is related to the particle editor being empty at init.

Anyways, I noticed your particle had collision active, I turned it off, tried, and it worked fine . No idea why it doesn't like it, but it works ok that way. So that's all you gotta do to fix it, you should try.

(10-27-2014, 11:45 AM)Neelke Wrote: [ -> ]Surely. I don't entirely see though how the material can crash it.
Yea I don't know. You can try it yourself, take away the image worm_vomit.tga, move it away to your desktop or anywhere. Then run the game, look at the particle and hello crash.
'Hey, where's my image? ok screw this.'
Yea, that did it. Wonder why that would be the problem, but I don't care. It works. Thanks man.