Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia: The Thing *Full Conversion Mod*
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey fellow Frictional Gamers,

this is my first Amnesia Custom Story. I've always wanted to make one but I never really knew how to, till now! I'm a big fan of old movies like: Psycho, The Shining, The Exorcist and..The Thing, to name a few. I'm really excited to make this and I hope you guys and gals will like it when it's finished. This mod is based on the movies and book.

PLOT

Your name is R.J MacReady, a thirty year old man that works at a research station in the Antarctic. One day, you hear a helicopter outside and gunfire. You take a peak through the shaders and you see a helicopter chasing a dog. Now why would they do that?...

What does this mod contain?

* A good story that pulls you in from the beginning.
*Little to no jumpscares. I hate jumpscares, especially in horror movies/games.
* A creepy and intense atmosphere.
* Easter Eggs and other secrets.
*If you've seen the movies you might recognize a few areas Wink
*Custom models and entities.
*Easy/medium puzzles (For me it kills the suspense when a puzzle takes to long to figure out)
*Pay a lot of attention to your surroundings and what you read or hear, it's very important. You can also find hints or warnings.
*Music from John Carpenter/Ennio Morricone but also other custom soundtracks/themes
*The Thing

This mod is in pre-alpha and I just recently began developing it, so the areas you see on the pictures are in a really early stage. Please keep this in mind, thank you.

Pictures:

Pictures [SlideShow]

Quote:MacReady, I know Bennings. I've known him for ten years. He's my friend.
Looks pretty nice, when you finally will finish this story, don't hesitate to share with us. Smile
Never read the book. But this does sound interesting at worst, Keep up the work! (Post some stuff soon please)