Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: It finally happened...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The level editor has killed my mouse. I knew it would happen eventually. After many hours of camera panning, the middle button is almost completely unresponsive. Scroll-wheels aren't designed to take that kind of abuse!

Hey Jens, if you're reading, any chance the HPL2 level editor could be updated to include the fly-mode from HPL3? I know it's a big ask, but it sure would make us all feel warm and fuzzy.
Buy a new, cheap $20 or less mouse you weakling!
I haven't personally had any issues with the mouse wheel from doing this, but one thing I would absolutely love for them to add is custom keybinds. That's not too difficult, is it?

If also the F1 menu from in-game could be possible to edit, that would make me happier, so I wouldn't need to use the fn key that exists on meh keyboard.

If anything, just adding entries for the keys in the .cfg files in /HPL2 would be sufficient. It doesn't need a graphical menu or live updates.
(11-06-2014, 08:28 AM)Mudbill Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't personally had any issues with the mouse wheel from doing this, but one thing I would absolutely love for them to add is custom keybinds. That's not too difficult, is it?

If also the F1 menu from in-game could be possible to edit, that would make me happier, so I wouldn't need to use the fn key that exists on meh keyboard.

If anything, just adding entries for the keys in the .cfg files in /HPL2 would be sufficient. It doesn't need a graphical menu or live updates.

IIRC, the Fn Key pressing can be adjusted from your BIOS - either holding it will allow the function keys or serve the option which are assigned to them.
I don't see why such an option would be in the BIOS when it is dependent on the keyboard. Either way, my computer uses UEFI instead of BIOS and I do know exactly where to toggle the fn key, but disabling it is not an option for me, because I very often use the volume and display brightness keys that are on top of some F-keys. I'd rather press fn-F1 for the in-game menu when I need it, than fn-F9 every time I want to put up the volume. But I'd also rather not have to use fn at all.
How hard are you pressing that middle mouse? Big Grin

It's just click and hold.

I'm playing lots of games where middle-mouse is important and I haven't destroyed mine yet. Maybe the mouse was just not made for middle-clicking?
Well, I guess maybe it's just me, or my cheap mouse, but it's never felt comfortable clicking and dragging on the scroll wheel. I'll buy one with a separate middle button and wheel. I'd rather it was a keyboard+mouse combo though, like alt+drag to look.
I don't think you're supposed to "click and drag on the scroll wheel." o.o

I tend to use the middle button to scroll web pages. Sometimes I click it, sometimes I hold it. I can hold M3 down and drag the mouse to scroll the page just like a single click will toggle the same effect. What if the HPL2 M3 function could be a toggle? You press M3 and you'll be panning around with alt-M1, then toggle M3 off again to go back?
We'll make our own level editor. with blackjack and hookers.
(11-06-2014, 02:33 PM)Daemian Wrote: [ -> ]We'll make our own level editor. with blackjack and hookers.

Ooh, ooh! Can we have cookies? I like cookies.
Pages: 1 2