Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Overture - Graphical issues.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hey, I just bought all three Penumbra games on Steam today and I fired up Overture and I'm getting some crazy graphical issues.

Walls and floors in a number of rooms and areas seem to be missing, as well as textures stretching across my screen.

Picture example: http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/9227/...092986.jpg
Apologies for the quality, Windows would not let me screenshot the game using print screen... and it just came up black, so I took a photo with my phone.

You can see the missing walls, and a stretched texture coming across from the right. It can get far worse in some rooms, with missing floors, and shadow issues as well... and sometimes the texture stretching crosses my entire vision, so I cannot see down hallways and such.

My main PC specs are as follows;
Core2Duo E6600
2gb Corsair DDR2
ATi HD3870 512MB
Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic
Windows 7 x64, build 7127 - post RC1

I'm running the game on maximum graphics, at 1920x1080 (forced in the config) with V-Sync enabled. My hardware is not overheating, and all I am running is ESET Smart Security, MSN Messenger, XFire, Steam, ATi Catalyst Control Panel, and my Creative X-Fi volume panel... which is no different from any other game I play - and nothing else has any issues at all.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Just to add another picture;
http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/2893/080620092987.jpg
Getting an nVidia graphics adaptor should fix that little bug.
I have same problem but I've ATI HD 2600 PRO and nVidia graphics adaptor is for nVidia graphic cards...
I was being largely ironic.

In my opinion the game has a serious issue with ATI cards.

I stated my problem on the second page of this thread;
http://frictionalgames.com/forum/showthr...861&page=1
I'm having a read through the other threads.
My video drivers are the latest, and I tried turning Catalyst AI off - but that didn't do anything.

I had the same thing here as the pics in post #3, too.
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/sh...7&t=822329

I'll try verifying my game caches, just as he did, and see if that helps at all.

EDIT: No dice... verified without any problems, so I start up the game to see if anything has changed, and I still have the same graphical issues.

EDIT2: I'm not sure if it's just me or not, but everywhere I look, it seems the people with these issues are using an ATi 2xxx series, or 3xxx series card. Both of these series use the same core chip, but the 3xxx series has a smaller die (from memory), so it just runs cooler and uses less power. Basically a 2-series rehash, much like NVidia's 9 series over the 8's.

Might be something more direct for the Frictional team to look into.
Raz0rx, we have really the same problem. I have AI off or latest drivers but nothing. It's same.
I also tried compatibility, settings in game but nothing. It's weird and bad Sad
sry for double post but when I deleted core/cashe, its working...
all what I did:
AI Off, latest updated drivers (Radeon HD2600pro)
deleted core/cashes
1024x... resolution
High details
and thats all
(06-07-2009, 06:56 PM)Raz0rx Wrote: [ -> ]EDIT2: I'm not sure if it's just me or not, but everywhere I look, it seems the people with these issues are using an ATi 2xxx series, or 3xxx series card. Both of these series use the same core chip, but the 3xxx series has a smaller die (from memory), so it just runs cooler and uses less power. Basically a 2-series rehash, much like NVidia's 9 series over the 8's.

Might be something more direct for the Frictional team to look into.

Thank god someone else but me is pointing this problem at ATI cards.
(06-07-2009, 07:20 PM)Greenie Wrote: [ -> ]sry for double post but when I deleted core/cashe, its working...
all what I did:
AI Off, latest updated drivers (Radeon HD2600pro)
deleted core/cashes
1024x... resolution
High details
and thats all
Doesn't work for me, sorry.
I forgot:
Penumbra.exe - Vista Compatibility and run as an administrator
(06-07-2009, 07:40 PM)Greenie Wrote: [ -> ]I forgot:
Penumbra.exe - Vista Compatibility and run as an administrator

Just tried that, too.
Still nothing.
Pages: 1 2 3 4