Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: ERROR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(11-25-2014, 04:11 PM)Straxedix Wrote: [ -> ]Today 02:27 PM

Yepps 2h to upload one file on web Smile
I asked and waited so you CAN'T say i was not patient Wink

Quote:Straxedix Wrote:
Ofc no... -.-
I'm sorry but, that looked like you gave up on waiting imo Tongue
You are so positive :I
Yeah i gave up,can you link me some download ?
Guys...i need your help to continue working with my mod...

ERROR: Unable to open config file 'MainEditorSettings.cfg'! Invalid filepointer returned!

Also i CAN open it in level editor... and just 2 days before it worked...
Just make a text file, name it that and place it in the Amnesia directory. Here are the contents:

Code:
<Directories EditorHomeDir="HPL2" EditorTempDir="Temp" ThumbnailsDir="Thumbnails" MapsDir="maps" StaticObjectsDir="static_objects" EntitiesDir="entities" LightsDir="lights" BillboardsDir="billboards" ParticlesDir="particles" SoundsDir="sounds" />
It was 12:30 at midnight when I posted that in my timezone.
I may come here everyday, but that does not mean I do not need sleep P:

If Mudbill's solution does not work, which I do not see happening, then I'll upload mine.
No not working...
So you made a MainEditorSettings.cfg with Mudbill's code block above, and put that in the redist folder - and is named correctly (capitals, one word...)?

Loading up Amnesia, what happens? Black Box error? Crash with no error?
Show us your whole hpl.log file.
Be sure that you didn't use any special word formatting program like Wordpad or Word. Those won't make clean text files.
Okay look here is image

Spoiler below!
[Image: qoSgu]

I made that think

Spoiler below!
PHP Code:
<Directories EditorHomeDir="HPL2" EditorTempDir="Temp" ThumbnailsDir="Thumbnails" MapsDir="maps" StaticObjectsDir="static_objects" EntitiesDir="entities" LightsDir="lights" BillboardsDir="billboards" ParticlesDir="particles" SoundsDir="sounds" /> 

and hpl.log
Spoiler below!
PHP Code:
ERRORUnable to open config file 'MainEditorSettings.cfg'Invalid filepointer returned

Anything wrong... ?
If this means anything i am launching Full Conversion Mod not original Amnesia and i was working on LevelEditor13111 i think it is called like that
I searched on the Internet, looks like some guys had same problem. Even Plutomaniak could not fix this so guys you should stop waisting your time,and me ? I should quit this because soon i won't be able to test any of my maps. Thanks everyone that was all of me i guess i won't visit this forum ever again. Goodbye it was pleasure! :)
Pages: 1 2 3