Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: ATI HD Problem: Beta hotfix available - UPDATED 11/6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
//EDIT
Patch in support: http://updates.frictionalgames.com/
EDIT//

I have been able to reproduce some of the errors on my Radeon HD 2600 and have then check with newly compiled exes and here the errors where not present. So now I want the rest of you to check and see what happens.

IMPORTANT:
Before testing the new exe do the following:
- Uninstall _all_ display drivers and then download and install the latest.
- Disable Catalyst AI (meaning the box shall be checked)
- Disable Triple buffer (box is unchecked)
- Wait for vertical refresh: "Off, unless applications specifies"
- Adaptive AA off (box is unchecked)
- Smooth vision HD (both). Box "Use application settings" is checked.

To add the hot fix unpack the rar files in the redist folder of each game (where "Penumbra.exe" is found).
For steam these are found in:
...\steamapps\common\penumbra black plague\redist
...\steamapps\common\penumbra overture\redist
For most other distribution look in Program Files folder.

Then run the hotfix exe for respective game.

Before posting your result, please double check that the correct exe is run and that all messures above have been taken.

The hotfixes are attached to this message and please note that they are in Beta and should NOT be applied unless problems are experienced!

UPDATE: The hot fix exes have been updated to fix a physics bug, that occurs with the computer room in BP and perhaps other places. Please use this new hot fixes.
Tried in game: Penumbra Overture
Graphics card: Sapphire Radeon HD 2900

I can confirm this is working on my card.
All walls are there. No more invisible walls. Less invisible items, but some items is still invisible.
Also, stretched polygons are gone too.

1680x1050 screenshots below
Spoiler below!

Running original Penumbra executable:
[Image: fQk5xLO9.png]

Running the hotfix:
[Image: P3EJdKw4.png]

I tried multiple times and in different locations.

There is still some missing objects though:
Spoiler below!

Shouldn't it be a ledge for a lantern right here? (The lantern should be on the table below, but I knocked it down)
[Image: iqgiNxqW.png]

I killed a dog, which should be right here. I can still collide with it, but it's invisible.
[Image: L5nnVfl0.png]

And some glitches with shadows. Also, the ledge for the lantern is missing in this picture too.
[Image: 9sZ9T4pF.png]

You are really helpful. Other game companies should look up to yours.
I'm on Windows 7 (7100) with the Catalyst 9.5 and a Radeon HD3650.
I had a lot of problems before (invisible walls/objects, stretched polygons and other stuffs).

This fixed a lot of major problems, and it finally makes the game playable (At least on overture for me). I still have weird things on screens when I use the flashlight or the green stick, but those things disappear when I remove the Bloom.
Also, when I look at objects (right click), the screen also does weird thing (see attachment), but I can still read what the character says, and It disappear as soon as I stop looking at them.

So in the end : A few -minor- bugs left, but I can finally play : Thanks a lot !
Glad to hear the patches are working so far Big Grin

Chrls:
Im afraid you have to turn off Post Effects in order to solve this. This can be can be donein the advanced graphics menu and will turn off bloom, blur and more. Game is fully playable without, but will just a few minor effects.
EDIT: Test what Jens says below first!
Chrls:
I think those problems can be corrected if you change the resolution you are playing in. Not sure but I think there is one, or more, wide screen resolutions that can at times create this behaviour.
I tried it on Penumbra Overture with my Sapphire HD 2600 XT and it seems to work. I can see the snow ground now and I haven't seen any graphical glitches yet.

The sometimes visible barrel from the start of the game is however totally gone now :p
Tested the Penumbra: Overture hotfix with my Ati Radeon HD 3650 (AGP), no missing walls or floors any more, haven't encountered any invisible objects yet either, Great Work! Smile:

EDIT:
Here's a before and after:
Spoiler below!
[Image: befored.jpg]
Spoiler below!
[Image: afterq.jpg]
For your information, the same things are happening in Requirem too.
I still get texture streching (incl. weapon texture, ie. flashlight) and from time-to-time purplish color on the walls. But I don't get any invisible walls/objects anymore.
(06-09-2009, 04:56 PM)Herr Bernard Wrote: [ -> ]I still get texture streching (incl. weapon texture, ie. flashlight) and from time-to-time purplish color on the walls. But I don't get any invisible walls/objects anymore.
Are you sure that you went through all of the steps from the first post?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8