Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: How do you change the logos in the inventory?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering, how do you change the inventory logos, I'm making an FC you see and I need help.

When I try to replace the images using the .skin file, the images get a huge black cut inside them. Eg: I replace the brain logo and a brain-shaped cut is present.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Tongue
I don't think those are .skin files.

I found the images under redist/graphics/inventory.

"inventory_sanity_25.tga" is an example of it.
They're all .tga files.
(11-30-2014, 06:32 PM)FlawlessHappiness Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think those are .skin files.

I found the images under redist/graphics/inventory.

"inventory_sanity_25.tga" is an example of it.
They're all .tga files.

I know they aren't .skin files but the .skin file compiles the .tgas into the Amnesia mod (or thats what I think it does)

BTW all of my custom images are .tgas with alpha backgrounds but I still see the hole!
Show a picture.
(11-30-2014, 09:36 PM)FlawlessHappiness Wrote: [ -> ]Show a picture.

[Image: yWckCL7.jpg]

I'm planning to edit more icons but even when I blacken the alpha it still shows up (the brain glow)
When you edit the picture file, the alpha channel will determine the tranparency. Edit the alpha channel so that it matches the image. White is opaque, black is translucent, levels of gray will be transparent.
Also, you can still see part of the brain.

The brain consists of 2 different .tga file. You should also edit the other one.
(12-01-2014, 02:08 AM)Mudbill Wrote: [ -> ]When you edit the picture file, the alpha channel will determine the tranparency. Edit the alpha channel so that it matches the image. White is opaque, black is translucent, levels of gray will be transparent.

Its working! Thanks, I didn't know about the alpha channel! Big Grin
Just realized I mixed up translucent and transparent. Oh well, you catch my drift.