Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: I saw Amnesia: The Dark Descent and Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs update today.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey, I noticed today (December 4th, 2014) that Amnesia: The Dark Descent and Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs both updated on Steam. Do you guys know what this update is about? I have a feeling it has something to do with the engine they both run on.
I have no clue about what these changes mean, but here you go:

ATDD: https://steamdb.info/app/57300/history/

AAMFP: https://steamdb.info/app/239200/history/
I think one of the major things is adding controller compatibility to the game. Other than that it looks like they added or changed a bunch of assets.
Read the 1.3_ChangeLog.txt file in the folder and you'll see that this is at last the 1.3 update we've all been waiting for! Woo Big Grin
Spoilered - isn't too lengthy, but a bit of a scroll.
Spoiler below!
1.3_changelog.txt Wrote:Input
- Fixed Mouse sensitivtiy acting weird at certain aspect ratios
- Added full gamepad support.
- Arrow keys and enter can be used for GUI selection.

Modding
- Added support for FBX files and Collada models exported in 3D Max.
- Added Enemy_ManPig entity type.
- Added script function (SetInDarknessEffectsActive) for disabling the InDarkness effects.
- Added script function (StartInsanityEvent) for starting a specific insanity event.
- Added script function (StopCurrentInsanityEvent) for stopping any currently active insanity event.
- Added script function (SetPlayerFallDamageDisabled) for disabling fall damage
- Added script function (SetEntityVisible) for making an entity's mesh invisible
- Added script function (ReplaceEntity) for replacing an entity with a new one.
- Added script function (PlaceEntityAtEntity) for placing an entity at another entity.
- Added script functions (SetBodyMass, GetBodyMass) for getting and setting mass of bodies.
- Added script function (SetEnemySanityDecreaseActive) for turning off an enemy's sanity effects.
- Added script function (GetEnemyStateName) for getting an enemy's state as a string.
- Added Script function (TeleportEnemyToNode) for teleporting enemies to path nodes.
- Added script function (SetPlayerJumpForceMul) for setting a jump force multiplier.
- Added script function (AlertEnemyOfPlayerPresence) for making enemy search for player around the player's position.
- Added script functions (SetPlayerPos, GetPlayerPosX, GetPlayerPosY, GetPlayerPosZ) for setting and getting the player's position.
- Added script functions (SetEntityPos, GetEntityPosX, GetEntityPosY, GetEntityPosZ) for setting and getting the position of entities.
- Added script functions (StringToInt, StringToFloat, StringToBool) for converting strings to other types.
- Added script functions (MathSin, MathCos, MathTan, MathAsin, MathAcos, MathAtan, MathAtan2, MathSqrt, MathPow, MathMin, MathMax, MathClamp, MathAbs) for doing some math operations.
- Replaced AddAttachedPropToProp with AttachPropToProp. The new version fixes an issue where the Z rotation parameter would be used as the Z position. The old version still works and has the same behavior as before but will trigger a warning message.

Debug
- F2 now does a quick map reload when Debug menu is loaded
- F3 now fast forwards the game when Debug menu is loaded
- Errors and warnings can now be seen in-game by checking a box in the debug menu

Bugfixes
- Fixed crashes related to destroying attached props.
- Removed ModelEditor error message when an animation has step events with no value specified.
- Fixed bone_pile_human2.dae that caused the level editor to crash when trying to open the morgue level.

Updated entities and/or models
- hand.ent
- agrippa.ent
- alexander-ent
- ritual_prisoner.ent
- rat.ent
- servant_brute.ent
- servant_grunt.ent
- rope_beam02.ent
- spider.ent
- corpse_male.ent
- grunt_body_part1.ent
- grunt_body_part2.ent
- pig_corpse.ent
- rat_corpse.ent
- rag_plague_corpse.ent
- slime_anim_ceiling.ent
- slime_anim_wall.ent
- worn_hay_mattress.ent
- ceiling_doll.ent
- chained_prisoner.ent
- enemy_suitor.ent
- enemy_suitor_alois.ent
- enemy_suitor_basile.ent
- enemy_suitor_malo.ent
- graveyard_corpse.ent
- ritual_prisoner_noillum.ent
- worn_hay_mattress_slow.ent
- spinning_cogwheel_negative.ent
- bone_pile_human2.ent

Alright Thanks guys. It seemed kinda funny that they'd still update the HPL2 Engine while they work on SOMA with HPL3.
GREEEAAATTT!!!

There will also be an updated full-installer of both Amnesia games on FG and Humble Store?
(12-05-2014, 06:15 PM)Googolplex Wrote: [ -> ]GREEEAAATTT!!!

There will also be an updated full-installer of both Amnesia games on FG and Humble Store?

I just checked and the updates are now available on the Frictional Games Shelf (for ATDD) and on the Humble Store for both games Smile

Spoiler below!
[Image: fg.png]

[Image: hb.png]

I also have ATDD on GOG but the update isn't available there yet.

EDIT: By the way, if someone from Frictional Games can answer this question, why is there a "Files" download in the Humble Library? (see image in spoiler tag above). I downloaded the AAMFP files to see what it was, and it seems to be just the updated game files, doesn't the patch do the job of installing those itself? Thanks.
Those Files could be the updated content which can be copied to current-installations. This might be relevant for different copies from Amazon etc (not FG, Humble, GOG or Steam). That's my guess at least.
(12-06-2014, 12:41 AM)plutomaniac Wrote: [ -> ]Those Files could be the updated content which can be copied to current-installations. This might be relevant for different copies from Amazon etc (not FG, Humble, GOG or Steam). That's my guess at least.

Jens said in another thread that the Files download isn't supposed to be there XD

https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/th...#pid311993
Pages: 1 2