Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION 0023:01221D16
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hi,

I downloaded and installed Amnesia TDD from Stream yesterday. The programm crashes while starting with following error

EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION 0023:01221D16

Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce 9600 GT
with updated drivers

Launcher screen and error log are attached.

Can you help me to solve this problem?
Can you post the hpl.log file from Documents/Amnesia/Main/
(12-09-2014, 07:57 AM)jens Wrote: [ -> ]Can you post the hpl.log file from Documents/Amnesia/Main/

here is the hpl.log
Can you zip the whole Documents/Amnesia/ folder and upload it? Or check if the folder for the user you created in Amnesia has a name that ends with an empty space (as in if you by accident typed a name and got a spacebar press at the end like "jens " instead of "jens").
(12-09-2014, 01:22 PM)jens Wrote: [ -> ]Can you zip the whole Documents/Amnesia/ folder and upload it? Or check if the folder for the user you created in Amnesia has a name that ends with an empty space (as in if you by accident typed a name and got a spacebar press at the end like "jens " instead of "jens").

The folder path is "C:\Users\Markus\Documents\Amnesia"
without spaces. But there is not much inside. Maybe there should be more.
Oh ok so you never even got so far as creating a user profile.

1. Have you checked problem a in https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-3754.html ?
2. While it should not make it crash, please do this https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/th...#pid311356 so we can rule that out as well.
My graphics card is GeForce 9600 GT/PCIe/SSE2 and the driver is currently updated.
I also updated DevIl to version 1.7.8, but Amnesia still crashes while starting.

Is it allowed to share the original Amnesia.exe here?
I'm sure that the Steam protected version is the issue. I already noticed such crashes with other Steam games. The original DRM-free exe will probably run fine.
Ah, sorry I thought I was logged in. The previously comment was from me.
There is no drm on the steam exe, it is the same.
Pages: 1 2 3 4