Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: How do you erase certain parts of the memory?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4

Fred

Hello fellow Penumbrawlers,

I've come here to seek guidance. I've forced myself through this masterpiece nonetheless of the erratic feelings that deeply indulged my mind.

However, I am very upset, for you see, I've been introduced into this new genre which I like to define as sickening horror, which is somewhat pleasuring.

Unknown is so distanced from now. I tried to suppress my urge but to no avail. Me and my friends have come up with some silly ideas so far but those we've put aside for when the condition becomes critical. We've even thought of kidnapping the Frictional Games crew and making them work 24/7 on more sickening horror titles.

Serious matters require serious actions you could say. But right now we're trying to seek, something more of a biological solution you could say. We want to erase the Penumbra memories from our brains so we could relive the moments again.

I'm sure I'm not the only person having tried to seek for these desperate solutions, but this is an urgent matter. This is no joke as it might seem to some, I must relive what I experienced weeks ago when I first started playing Penumbra at 2:00 AM.

Thank you for kindly and patiently listening to my cry for help.

Regards,
Fred (representing the Penumbra rehabilitation center crew)
Uh........

Some blunt trauma to the back of your head might make you forget...but the side-effects of such a thing probably outweigh the intended results.

EDIT: (I have no idea whether to take this seriously or not, so I'm just going to add a disclaimer: PLEASE DO NOT SERIOUSLY HAVE SOMEONE BEAT YOU IN THE BACK OF THE HEAD)

Fred

We have considered that at the very beginning before we tried to search for more advanced measures.

Our friend Mike is still suffering from the, let's call it, "the tragic incident" as we told his family (as he couldn't do it himself after that).

However I do appreciate the contribution you're trying to make here.
I am happy to see my friend Fred has brought this up with this forum. Completing the Penumbra series has ailed me for quite some time now, I've tried a number of methods, recommended to me by experts, to suppress my immediate memories of the games.

However these methods are primarily used to suppress memories as a last resort to rehabilitate people suffering from post traumatic stress and even hesitatingly so.

I think it is well worth the risk as I am starting to slip in my everyday life and quite frankly, beginning to question if I will be able to hold on until the release of Unknown.
This is the only down fall to puzzle games, you basicly cant play them over.
Fortunately, there are multiple ways of solving Black Plague. This idea wasn't as used in Overture, but take the first ventilation shaft you crawl through in BP as an example. The icy blockage of the vent is completely physics based. You can actually put something from the adjacent room in its path and it will stop blowing out of the pipe.

I wonder if you were to block all the kennel walls with boxes, would the dogs not come out?
(06-15-2009, 11:44 PM)Fred Wrote: [ -> ]Hello fellow Penumbrawlers,

I've come here to seek guidance. I've forced myself through this masterpiece nonetheless of the erratic feelings that deeply indulged my mind.

However, I am very upset, for you see, I've been introduced into this new genre which I like to define as sickening horror, which is somewhat pleasuring.

Unknown is so distanced from now. I tried to suppress my urge but to no avail. Me and my friends have come up with some silly ideas so far but those we've put aside for when the condition becomes critical. We've even thought of kidnapping the Frictional Games crew and making them work 24/7 on more sickening horror titles.

Serious matters require serious actions you could say. But right now we're trying to seek, something more of a biological solution you could say. We want to erase the Penumbra memories from our brains so we could relive the moments again.

I'm sure I'm not the only person having tried to seek for these desperate solutions, but this is an urgent matter. This is no joke as it might seem to some, I must relive what I experienced weeks ago when I first started playing Penumbra at 2:00 AM.

Thank you for kindly and patiently listening to my cry for help.

Regards,
Fred (representing the Penumbra rehabilitation center crew)

lol, I was thinking about this last time I hypnotized someone. Find a hypnotist, he can make you forget.

Fred

(06-16-2009, 07:54 PM)SirSafir Wrote: [ -> ]This is the only down fall to puzzle games, you basicly cant play them over.

Yes, this definitely is a huge flaw in the game design which they didn't oversee. I hope they patch this or ensure this does not happen in their future games.
You could erase your memory when taking some kind of drugs while playing game. Or just get drunk while playing. That could be useful when playing first time. But that could be having negative side effects so you should NOT do that. I don't know how to erase few weeks old memory but if there is some way out there I am sure it has terrible side effects that could cause you health problems.
I was thinking too about "forgeting" the game to being able to enjoy it more often but I never thouth about forcing to lost memory. Just live with it that you can't enjoy the same games for ever.
(06-16-2009, 09:27 PM)Klayman Wrote: [ -> ]You could erase your memory when taking some kind of drugs while playing game. Or just get drunk while playing. That could be useful when playing first time. But that could be having negative side effects so you should NOT do that. I don't know how to erase few weeks old memory but if there is some way out there I am sure it has terrible side effects that could cause you health problems.
I was thinking too about "forgeting" the game to being able to enjoy it more often but I never thouth about forcing to lost memory. Just live with it that you can't enjoy the same games for ever.

(06-16-2009, 08:34 PM)MulleDK19 Wrote: [ -> ]lol, I was thinking about this last time I hypnotized someone. Find a hypnotist, he can make you forget.
Pages: 1 2 3 4