Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Are there "screamers" in Black Plague?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi.

This is for those who have completed Black Plague

I played Overture, which I thought was very scary.

I've been playing F.E.A.R. which wasn't really that scary, but I was still frightened because of their "screamers" (Not really screamers), eg. images of dead people suddenly popping up in your face, etc.

I'm about to play Black Plague, and I just wanted to know.

Does it have sudden "screamers"?

No spoilers please, just a clear yes or no.

Thanks Smile
Can't remember, really... But some small and little might be correct answer. Wink:
Yes. I remember at least one, so there are probably a few but not a lot. It's not like FEAR or Doom 3, though.
(06-16-2009, 08:48 PM)MulleDK19 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi.

This is for those who have completed Black Plague

I played Overture, which I thought was very scary.

I've been playing F.E.A.R. which wasn't really that scary, but I was still frightened because of their "screamers" (Not really screamers), eg. images of dead people suddenly popping up in your face, etc.

I'm about to play Black Plague, and I just wanted to know.

Does it have sudden "screamers"?

No spoilers please, just a clear yes or no.

Thanks Smile

Yes. there are screamers in the BP. At least two are quite loud, but hopefully too much, so you can beat that great game. You can do it!

Best luck to you!
I don't remember screamers at all except for the final section where you have these little flashback-y images of previous environments that pop up. Anyway if you thought some little piece of shit like F.E.A.R. was scary at all you'll definitely find this scary.
I mean, like, things that pops up right in your face, like images. Not moments that just gives you a shock. Things that are popping up in the center of the screen, no matter where you're looking.
There are triggered moments where your view suddenly shifts to something on your environment, but the only images popping up are the ones I described.
There are some what screamers, the dark silhouette passing by you. Or crumbling rock above you etc etc.
(06-17-2009, 01:51 AM)SirSafir Wrote: [ -> ]There are some what screamers, the dark silhouette passing by you. Or crumbling rock above you etc etc.

That's not a screamer. I'm only talking about images of dead people, etc. suddenly popping up in your face.
One picture of one dead guy. Yes.
Pages: 1 2 3