Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Alien Isolation or SOMA?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So, there has been this relatively new ultimate 'Horror' Game called Alien Isolation, which to be honest does not look bad at all. According to what we know about SOMA and of course what we have about Alien Isolation, which one do you think is going to be better and why? I really want to know what some people think about this since both games are sci-fi survival horror. They both look good as well. Let's just see about that.
soma obviously
They are both good, But probably soma.
I played none of them, but I'm absolutely sure that SOMA will be the best because it's from Frictional Games.Tongue
Do you have played the Penumbra and Amnesia games? Then you will understand the high expectations and that everything from Frictional Games is a masterpiece of design.

I won't say Alien Isolation is bad, but it seems to be more action/mainstream oriented and less story.
(12-21-2014, 01:02 PM)Googolplex Wrote: [ -> ]I played none of them, but I'm absolutely sure that SOMA will be the best because it's from Frictional Games.Tongue
Do you have played the Penumbra and Amnesia games? Then you will understand the high expectations and that everything from Frictional Games is a masterpiece of design.

I won't say Alien Isolation is bad, but it seems to be more action/mainstream oriented and less story.

''I played none of them''

''I won't say Alien Isolation is bad, but it seems to be more action/mainstream oriented and less story.''

Yeah I can tell!
I think Creative Assembly did a good job on Alien Isolation as their first attempt at survival horror, it's not perfect but for a first it's quite impressive. Besides, we have not had a GOOD Alien game in a while aside from AvP 2010 which wasn't bad, and Aliens: Colonial Marines which was a piece of shit scam.

Now for SOMA, I can't judge because it's not out yet. However, with Frictional Games' current reputation with their games I can trust them for delivering yet another (hopefully) good survival horror to scare us again.
(12-21-2014, 05:13 PM)Traggey Wrote: [ -> ]''I played none of them''

''I won't say Alien Isolation is bad, but it seems to be more action/mainstream oriented and less story.''

Yeah I can tell!

What do you want?
I know the story from the Alien movie and it's 08-15 standard.
And I also really dout that there are other games out there with a high-level story like the Amnesia franchise.

So please don't write nonsens and tell me that I'm wrong.
If you have not played it you can't make a judgement like that~
Would rather play SOMA knowing I would not play AI. Didn't know the game existed until a few people posted here about it, so I really just ended up watching Markiplier play it.
(12-21-2014, 07:45 PM)Traggey Wrote: [ -> ]If you have not played it you can't make a judgement like that~
I can. And nevertheless I said "it seems like" which means it must not be true.
Pages: 1 2