Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Fps Drop and Performance Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since the 1.3 Patch, while i'm playing normally everytime occurs a serious fps drop, i disable v-sync and the game only runs at 60 frames, i've edited the main_settings.cfg modifying the updates per second value and stills the same, the game only runs at 60 frames, then when i look somewhere on the map the fps drops to 30 frames, if i don't look at it, it goes and locks to 60 again, this only happens when i play the game on High settings, on Medium this doesn't happen. I May be wondering, maybe particles system loading behind walls? or that's the power management of my computer?

System Specs:

Core I3-530 2.93GHz (OC 3.6GHz)
6Gb of RAM DDR3 1333MHz (3x2Gb)
ECS H55H-CM
Samsung HD502HI 500Gb Sata 2 5400 Rpm 3.5"
Zogis GT440 1Gb DDR3 128-Bit PCI-E 2.0

All drivers up-to-date
In Documents/Amnesia/Main/ you can edit the settings.cfg file and set LimitFPS to false to remove the 60 frames limit.
Well unless you have a 120Hz or 144Hz monitor you won't see a benefit past 60fps either way. Also your graphics card is weak, don't expect high settings and FPS. I remember some years ago that my 460 was capable of playing Amnesia at High (SSAO at Medium max) at 60fps or near. But your 440 is significantly slower than a 460. As I said, adjust the graphics settings and expectations according to your hardware.
(01-05-2015, 12:32 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: [ -> ]Well unless you have a 120Hz or 144Hz monitor you won't see a benefit past 60fps either way. Also your graphics card is weak, don't expect high settings and FPS. I remember some years ago that my 460 was capable of playing Amnesia at High (SSAO at Medium max) at 60fps or near. But your 440 is significantly slower than a 460. As I said, adjust the graphics settings and expectations according to your hardware.

Well i'm planning to purchase a GTX550Ti this week, so probably i'll get better fps, since this card is 2.5 times faster than my actual.