Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia crashing on startup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I baught Amnesia T.D.D about a year ago now and have been able to play it without any problems at all. Last time was around 3 months ago. Now when I tried to start it today it just would not start. I baught it through steam and when i press play the screen goes black for a few seconds and then it goes back to normal and shows me a window called BlackBox saying this:

"Amnesia.exe caused an EXEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION in module
Amnesia.exe at 0023:01151D16"

I have seen many people saying that this problem is because of old an graphics card but since I have had no problem playing this game before (same computer and graphics card) I do not think that is the case.

Happy for help.
At Steam, enable the Beta version of Amnesia. It will redownload and your problem will most likely get fixed. Most probably you have some gamepad/controller plugged-in your system or their drivers/software is running in the background causing the game to crash. It's a temp problem of the latest update and will be officially fixed soon. For now, please try the Amnesia beta.
It worked. Thank you very much. Time to get spooked I guess Smile
Have fun. Solved & Closed. Wink