Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Hpl Level Editor Crashes at Specific Map
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On a specific map, the blackbox appears and says, "LevelEditor.exe caused an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION in module LevelEditor.exe at 0023:00F0CFE5"

How can I fix this?
What map was this? You should also post your log file. It's within the HPL2 folder in Documents, named LevelEditor.log.
(02-22-2015, 09:20 PM)Mudbill Wrote: [ -> ]What map was this? You should also post your log file. It's within the HPL2 folder in Documents, named LevelEditor.log.

I added the .log file.
You didn't answer what map it was. Is this one of your own maps? If so, you might have managed to corrupt it, in which case I can't really say what to do to fix it.
(02-22-2015, 10:11 PM)Mudbill Wrote: [ -> ]You didn't answer what map it was. Is this one of your own maps? If so, you might have managed to corrupt it, in which case I can't really say what to do to fix it.

Yeah, it's one of my own maps, I didn't even do anything that would of corrupted it.
(02-22-2015, 10:11 PM)Mudbill Wrote: [ -> ]You didn't answer what map it was. Is this one of your own maps? If so, you might have managed to corrupt it, in which case I can't really say what to do to fix it.

Is there any way I can transfer the information onto another map?
I don't think there are many stable ways. You can always open the map file with a text editor and try to save any pieces of text, but that's highly advanced if you don't know how XML files work and/or the structure of the map files.