Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Hatch Won't Lock!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(03-03-2015, 02:01 PM)Mudbill Wrote: [ -> ]But does that work with just any SignArea? I wouldn't expect it to work with anything but ScriptAreas, aside from entities of course.

(03-02-2015, 08:38 AM)FlawlessHappiness Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know if it works either.

I agree ^_^
Well here's what I did: I created a "custom" entity using a plane black tile found in "Static Objects". Using the editor, I made a replica that acted as a level door and placed it under Entities>Technical. However, despite having a playerstartarea for my 2nd level, and despite doing the necessary scripting to connect the two, I cannot interact with the black tile level door in level 1. Any thoughts? (could it be because I placed the entity in "technical" rather than "doors"?)

Thank you guys for all the feedback, I really appreciate it! Smile
As long as the entity type is LevelDoor, it should work. You should try making a separate test level and see if you can get it to work there. Usually if you can't interact with a door, it's locked. That, or perhaps it lacks something else that is required.
Otherwise, just grab the hatch entity from Justine. The hatch in the first map (Cells) has been reconvertered so it has the same properties as a lever. I'm using it in my map, it works perfectly. The hatch locks and unlocks when I want to.

The entity name is hatch_ceiling02.
Pages: 1 2 3