Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Sepia Color Screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys! Im kinda new to the scripting stuff so, i needed some help.

Basically, I have it so when you collide with script area, it plays a cutting/roar noise, and turns the screen dark red. I also have it so that when you walk into the next script area, the screen goes back to normal.

The red and noise works, but the return to normal doesn't. It is not a problem with the area collide function, because I tested it with playing music when I enter the area and it works. But it doesn't work when I use the Fade Screen function. Any help suggestions

Thanks in advanceRolleyes
You have to use the same sepia script line again.

FadeSepiaColorTo(float afAmount, float afSpeed);
Makes the screen go dark red.

afAmount - intensity (default: 0)
afSpeed - time in seconds until full effect

Notice that is has 'afAmount'. If you want it to go away, set it to 0.
FadeSepiaColorTo is pretty interesting. The FadeTo Sepia can be done, usually instantly, however the fading back, depending on how long it has been since the first FadeSepiaColorTo could take ages to actually accomplish. It's one issue I had quite a while ago.

Like Flawless said, you need two seperate FadeSepiaColorTo's. One with the afAmount = 1 (the first one, when the roar occurs), and the second with afAmount = 0 (to reset the screen).