Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Creepy Athmosphere in Aampd
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi.. I found this interesting thing.. If I use my little map in slot 01_mansion_01 (level 1) You can see normal pictures.. But If I use in slot 07_Tunnels . You can see little diferent light Big Grin Can you someone explain this ? and Can I set this Screen filter ( IDK how to name Big Grin) in another map in AAMPF or in my CS in TDD ?...

I thing the athmosphere in Tunnels and (cellars and church) is more better and creepy Big Grin
I think it is the flame itself.
It has a pointlight witch fades into 2 colors.
THAT might be the difference.

There are no (filters) used.
It is FOG-area OR\AND BOX-lights.
Try playing around with it.
(06-06-2015, 12:57 PM)DnALANGE Wrote: [ -> ]I think it is the flame itself.
It has a pointlight witch fades into 2 colors.
THAT might be the difference.

There are no (filters) used.
It is FOG-area OR\AND BOX-lights.
Try playing around with it.

Like I said. I use same torch, same map but I use slot for map (mansion and tunels).. If I put idk. Mansion map in slot for Cellar or Tunnels, The lighting will by like in Tunnels ( I thing this is in engine, some Contrast or something...)
If you are keeping the scripts, keep in mind each script uses different screen effects:
Code:
07_tunnels.hps
FadeImageTrailTo(2.0f, 2.5f);
FadeRadialBlurTo(0.0f, 3.0f);
    FadeImageTrailTo(0.0f, 2.0f);
    FadeRadialBlurTo(0.0f, 2.0f);
etc
(06-06-2015, 08:05 PM)Daemian Wrote: [ -> ]If you are keeping the scripts, keep in mind each script uses different screen effects:
Code:
07_tunnels.hps
FadeImageTrailTo(2.0f, 2.5f);
FadeRadialBlurTo(0.0f, 3.0f);
    FadeImageTrailTo(0.0f, 2.0f);
    FadeRadialBlurTo(0.0f, 2.0f);
etc

Thats possible, but how can you explain this screen effect If I delete script and then the screen efect its still here Big Grin .. If I delete everything (07_Tunnels maps, pathnodes, script, map.cache) and then I use map from TDD and use name 07_Tunnels then you can see this screen filter (what ever is this) Big Grin How can you explain it ????
Hmm, that's interesting if that's true. Still a bit confused what is actually happening.

Is it so that if you name a map 07_Tunnels.map, it will have a specific screen effect even without a script?
(06-07-2015, 01:19 AM)Mudbill Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, that's interesting if that's true. Still a bit confused what is actually happening.

Is it so that if you name a map 07_Tunnels.map, it will have a specific screen effect even without a script?

yes.. try it. put your map without script on slot mansion and the church,cellar or tunnels ( finnaly someone who understand Big Grin)