Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Want to translate the game to my language, but there is a problem.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I already have the font and all this, but when I translate notes, I need that the letters would go from right to left, not left to right. There is any way I can change the Aligan text direction?
Hmm... that's a tricky one. I'm not sure if that's possible. Perhaps it's a feature of the font itself? Have you tried using the font with unicodes to display your characters? Does it just show up left to right?
(06-22-2015, 06:10 PM)Mudbill Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm... that's a tricky one. I'm not sure if that's possible. Perhaps it's a feature of the font itself? Have you tried using the font with unicodes to display your characters? Does it just show up left to right?

I did, actually. I didn't see if it's show up left to right though. But what I actually did is to copy the shape of each character of my language and replace it with the English characters.
If you replace, then it will be English alignment because the game still thinks it's English. You should try using unicodes instead. For example if you wanted ä, you'd write [u00E4].

Look up the codes somewhere to see what they are.
(06-22-2015, 10:17 PM)Mudbill Wrote: [ -> ]If you replace, then it will be English alignment because the game still thinks it's English. You should try using unicodes instead. For example if you wanted ä, you'd write [u00E4].

Look up the codes somewhere to see what they are.

So if I'll change the unicodes so it'll change the direction in amnesia?

Example:

Hello
שלום
I don't know. Probably not, but worth a shot.
(06-22-2015, 10:58 PM)Mudbill Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know. Probably not, but worth a shot.

Ok, I added the new language codea to my fnt file.

xxx_xxx_00 - English
xxx_xxx_01 - English
Xxx_xxx_02.dds - My language

Now, in the game the font will work, but it won't show the right characters. Example:

What I wrote:

א

What I see in the game:

)
Try to write [u05D0] into your lang file and see what happens.
(06-25-2015, 11:07 PM)Mudbill Wrote: [ -> ]Try to write [u05D0] into your lang file and see what happens.

It's Invisible in the game.
(06-22-2015, 10:58 PM)Mudbill Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know. Probably not, but worth a shot.

Ok, let's say I don't care about the direction problem.

How am I gonna add the new font anyway?

I mean, I added the hebrew char id to font_deafult.fnt and added the texture.

I mean, the lang file takes the right id from the hebrew letters, but shows different textures in the game.
Pages: 1 2