Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Script Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I've maked script to show message when I click on the object. I clicked on object in game, and message don't showed up.
.hps script:

void CarScript(string &in asEntity)
{
if(GetLocalVarInt("Switch") == 0)
{
SetEntityCallbackFunc("CarScript","Info");
}
}

void Info(string &in asItem, string &in asEntity)
{
SetMessage("Message","CarScript",0);
}

What i must do?
(07-01-2015, 06:50 PM)MaksoPL Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I've maked script to show message when I click on the object. I clicked on object in game, and message don't showed up.
.hps script:

void CarScript(string &in asEntity)
{
if(GetLocalVarInt("Switch") == 0)
{
SetEntityCallbackFunc("CarScript","Info");
}
}

void Info(string &in asItem, string &in asEntity)
{
SetMessage("Message","CarScript",0);
}

What i must do?

Go to your level editor, and Click on the object. Then go to the entity tab, and type in the " PlayerInteractCallBack" the name, lik you used. Info

so type in Info in the tab, and then :

void Info(string &in asEntity)
{
SetMessage("Message", "CarScript", 0);
}

Let me know if it worked.
Btw, if you want this for the static objects to, Then just create an area and do the same stuff.
Looking away from your script, and just at what you said I'd presume what you want is

{
SetMessage("Message","CarScript", 0);
}

Then put this in void OnStart()

SetEntityPlayerInteractCallback(NameOfEntity, "Info", false);
(07-01-2015, 10:04 PM)FlawlessHappiness Wrote: [ -> ]Looking away from your script, and just at what you said I'd presume what you want is

{
}

You don't need the setentityplayerinteractcallback, this is possible in the entity tab itself, for the entities. right?
(07-01-2015, 10:11 PM)Amnesiaplayer Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-01-2015, 10:04 PM)FlawlessHappiness Wrote: [ -> ]Looking away from your script, and just at what you said I'd presume what you want is

{
}

You don't need the setentityplayerinteractcallback, this is possible in the entity tab itself, for the entities. right?

It is. But that's harder to explain, and I'd rather just avoid communication errors.
(07-01-2015, 10:11 PM)Amnesiaplayer Wrote: [ -> ]

{
}

It's arguably better to not use those. It's easier to look over your code when it is bound within the scope of just the hps file. I for one find it ridiculously tedious going back and forth between my Level Editor and Notepad++, but it could of course just be a matter of preference.
(07-02-2015, 02:39 AM)Romulator Wrote: [ -> ]It's arguably better to not use those. It's easier to look over your code when it is bound within the scope of just the hps file. I for one find it ridiculously tedious going back and forth between my Level Editor and Notepad++, but it could of course just be a matter of preference.

To me, it just depends on how sure I am with what I'm making.
If I know exactly what I'm doing, then I don't mind using the level editor ones.
Make sure that the lange file has the same entry as the SetMessage code.