Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Problem with primitives
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I try to make a custom story but I have a weird problem that I can't solve. All the textures have disappeared from level editor and I can't create primitives. What should I do? I have all .mat files in their directories. I can open them with material editor.

Please help me! Smile
Have you tried editing the admin rights on the redist folder to have it public?
Where are the .mat files stored?
Most likely the best thing to do is stoer them in a folder (Textures, just create a new folder for it.)
Put all your .mat files in there WITH the .dds , .tga... or what ever you are using.
-
You can make sub folders, like
Snow_Textures
Rocky_Textures
IjustWantToShowYouHowThisWOrks_Textures Wink
-
Also, did you have your mods name (if isolated Full Conversion) into the Redist/Resources?
The Custom storys has to be in there too for loading your files.
->
PHP Code:
<Directory Path="/custom_stories" AddSubDirs="true" /> 
I had this issue on my old computer for some time, and to this day I don't know what was it caused by.

I've got a temporary fix for you, though. What you can do, just like I used to do is going to the folder with the texture you wish to select, copy its name, and paste it into "material" text field in the primitives tab.

Made a quick sloppy image for explaining purposes, in case you didn't get what I was rambling about

Spoiler below!
[Image: 4wTsnJg.png]
(07-02-2015, 09:29 PM)DnALANGE Wrote: [ -> ]
PHP Code:
<Directory Path="/custom_stories" AddSubDirs="true" /> 
You may also need this: that is, if your primitives are not in the custom_stories folder.
PHP Code:
<Directory Path="/<where_your_textures_are>" AddSubDirs="true" /> 

Just replace "<where_your_textures_are>" with the main directory of where your primitive textures are located if resources.cfg doesn't have them.
Thanks for advices but nothing works... Holy crap!
I've made 3 custom stories and one full conversion mod so far and had no problems with level editor. It started after I formatted my computer.
All I can do now is to copy file names and paste them into "material" text field, as Lazzer said Tongue
Well, it's time to work Big Grin
Solved!

I uninstalled Amnesia TDD and installed it again on C drive, where I have Windows. Then I gave admin rights to the game folder. Now it works. It also solved problem with "Could not load vertex buffer from mesh 'core_box.dae'" in Map View.