Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Youtube Review for S.O.M.A. is possible?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello everybody, i've just registered so this is going to be my first thread here Smile hope i don't suck.

anyways i am a Turkish youtuber and i was just wondering if i can do a review for this upcoming game? because i have seen a gameplay of SOMA from various youtubers and i thought that Frictional Games shares the preview parts of the game and let some ppl play demo on their channel.

NO YOUTUBE ADVERTISEMENT ALOWED

Thank You!!
By all means, you are allowed to do a review, preview or Let's Play of the game. You are also allowed to monetize your videos.
(07-19-2015, 09:46 AM)Romulator Wrote: [ -> ]By all means, you are allowed to do a review, preview or Let's Play of the game. You are also allowed to monetize your videos.

I mean can i do this review before official release date? if i can, whom should i contact?
You won't get to play it \ or get a free sample\demo if this is waht you want!
FG has send it to the most "famous" people with the most members.
Ofcourse they do that, it is a marketing thing right.. They play it and those channel are the most watched ones...
Just wait untill it is released and then be free to review it anywhere.
(07-19-2015, 09:53 AM)fedupsam Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-19-2015, 09:46 AM)Romulator Wrote: [ -> ]By all means, you are allowed to do a review, preview or Let's Play of the game. You are also allowed to monetize your videos.

I mean can i do this review before official release date? if i can, whom should i contact?

Oh, before release? In that case, no, that is unlikely. While it does count as advertising in which the game can be supplied to you for reviewing before being released, it's not a common marketing strategy to distribute the game to specific individuals.
(07-19-2015, 10:06 AM)DnALANGE Wrote: [ -> ]You won't get to play it \ or get a free sample\demo if this is waht you want!
Ofcourse they do that, it is a marketing thing right.. They play it and those channel are the most watched ones...

Markiplier and PewDiePie did not upload a video about SOMA tho.
(07-19-2015, 10:06 AM)DnALANGE Wrote: [ -> ]You won't get to play it \ or get a free sample\demo if this is waht you want!

(07-19-2015, 10:36 AM)Romulator Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-19-2015, 09:53 AM)fedupsam Wrote: [ -> ]

Oh, before release? In that case, no, that is unlikely. While it does count as advertising in which the game can be supplied to you for reviewing before being released, it's not a common marketing strategy to distribute the game to specific individuals.

Thank you for assisting guys, really appreciated Wink
actually yea, the one i saw had like 150k subscribers. is that the one u define as most famous channel?
(07-19-2015, 02:33 PM)fedupsam Wrote: [ -> ]actually yea, the one i saw had like 150k subscribers. is that the one u define as most famous channel?

The most famous Youtuber, based on subscribers, is Pewdiepie. And yet, as far as I know, he has yet to actually publish anything about SOMA.

From knowledge though, the YouTuber you may be referring to is JackSepticEye, however, I don't have any clues as to how he got a copy (not going to watch the video because spoilers).

You can always do a video on your expectations, SOMA's proposed/possible story, opinion on the atmosphere and other topics based on media and interviews released by Frictional Games.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWprVR4-ox8

Here it is. He was emailed it and asked to see if he would make a video.

Wether or not FG sent one to pewds or not we won't know for a little while.
Pages: 1 2