Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Possible to teleport entities to player location upon death?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone, I was wondering idly if perhaps it would be possible to teleport or activate an entity at the player's location upon a scripted death (i.e. not necessarily needing to detect when it happens, but where)? I know the newest update for HPL2 had a doozy of cool new scripts that were used in AMFP, such as the ability to locate entities and play particle effects there, instead of just a script area. Or maybe that wasn't even that new. Anyways, would this be possible? Or is that still beyond the reaches of HPL2?
If you have patch 1.3 it sounds fairly easy.
If the biggest problem is to move them it should be like this:

SetEntityPos("Entity", GetPlayerPosX(), GetPlayerPosY(), GetPlayerPosZ());
Yes, but what exactly would be the trigger.
Now I didn't check, but I don't remember there being anything like OnDeath.
Maybe I'm wrong, tho. Huh
CheckPoint("", "PlayerStartArea_checkpoint", "", "Dead", "Dead");

You know how these work?
Check the WIKI page.

OR try IfPlayerHealth is less then 1 (some things will happen) Not srue if this work, The checkpoint will.
(07-23-2015, 11:32 PM)DnALANGE Wrote: [ -> ]OR try IfPlayerHealth is less then 1 (some things will happen) Not srue if this work, The checkpoint will.

This is too clumsy.
Just use checkpoints.
Like I said, I was just worried about the where, not the when.

It's pretty easy to teleport a scriptarea to the player location, kill the player, then teleport a character to that first scriptarea.

I'm assuming that scriptareas, since they need to have unique names, can be teleported, of course...

EDIT: And yes, I'm familiar with CheckPoints.
Yup, that sounds possible.
I've never seen Script Areas be moved, though I have no big reason to believe it doesn't work. You should try it. I'm interested to know.
(07-24-2015, 11:03 AM)Mudbill Wrote: [ -> ]I've never seen Script Areas be moved, though I have no big reason to believe it doesn't work. You should try it. I'm interested to know.

I can confirm it works.
I helped a guy make a script area follow a monster, with a timer calling every 0.5 second.