Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Moveable Ladder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, I'm sorry if this is a stupid question. I'm not very experienced with making a custom story but I try my best.
So my question is how does the movable ladder work (Entities - gameplay - ladder_moveable) and how can I use it / make a puzzle with it? I just know that when I put it in my map the movable part falls to the ground and I'm not sure how I can do something with this.
Firstly, tick "static physics" in the ladder properties in level editor, then use SetMoveObjectState function, and SetPropStaticPhysics to false. I think that should work.
(08-07-2015, 06:21 PM)Lazzer Wrote: [ -> ]Firstly, tick "static physics" in the ladder properties in level editor, then use SetMoveObjectState function, and SetPropStaticPhysics to false. I think that should work.

Nothing of this really works. BUT it seems like in game they didn't use this entity. They used "ladder_mount" & "ladder_static". I'm going to try it again with this. Thank you very much!
You can use SetMoveObjectState without un-static-ing the object. That is, if the object is a MoveObject at all. It's also possible to use AddPropForce but I'd recommend the first.