Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Liquid Area Sound Continues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For some reason, on only one of my maps I go into an area with a liquid area and for some reason when I get out of it, the sound of walking in the water continues until you get killed. For example, I would go into a liquid area, go up a ladder area and walk around the level making the water sound when I walk. I checked the size of the liquid area and it's making the sound even when the player is outside of the area. Has anyone experienced this and is there a way I can fix it? If it helps I'm using Amnesia: TDD v1.3 and the HPL Editor Suite that I downloaded for version 1.3 about 3 or 4 days ago.
I think that's specifically because you exited the liquid area with a ladder.

Try having the player exit the water, before going for the ladder.
I kinda fixed this myself by moving the ladder area out of the liquid area. Otherwise you can take a look at the ladder in the Sewer in the main game.
Yeap. I did have this problem too. I don't remember very well how I fixed it, I think I did the water area bigger, and barely touching the floor.
As they said above, it happens when the game couldn't detect the player leaving the water area.