Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Ask Anything About SOMA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
(09-18-2015, 03:53 PM)TheHiddenMan Wrote: [ -> ]If you don't mind answering, why is there no pre order on PS4?

+1
Sorry, Tieman answered the Q already...
(09-18-2015, 05:06 PM)Aaron Wrote: [ -> ]1080p 30fps, though the game often runs higher than 30.

What does this mean? It has got "adaptive vsync" kind of thing going for it? Or that the game has potential to run above 30 but you guys capped it?

Also, about the min/recommended requirements on Steam, what do they correspond to, by any chance (roughly)?
I love tense survival horror games. Alien Isolation is a good example. No real jumpscares. No supernatural elements (such as ghosts). It's horror by nature of the atmosphere of the game.

How is SOMA like? Does it have jumpscares? Any supernatural elements (though it doesn't seem like to me)?

Thanks!
1.Will there be difficulty modes

2.Can i use max graphics settings with an R9 270X

3.What's the size of the game in GB Smile
(09-18-2015, 05:32 PM)private23 Wrote: [ -> ]I love tense survival horror games. Alien Isolation is a good example. No real jumpscares. No supernatural elements (such as ghosts). It's horror by nature of the atmosphere of the game.

How is SOMA like? Does it have jumpscares? Any supernatural elements (though it doesn't seem like to me)?

Thanks!

SOMA is the opposite of it. SOMA focus on the environments and atmosphere, not stupid jumps scares Smile

Nothing there is supernatural, but strange things are happening. Somehow the consciousness of dead people got into the machines.
I just don't want where I am playing and suddenly I turn around, there is a scary monster right behind of me (with no warning whatsoever). I mean, a game like Bioshock Infinite did that and it screwed the living shits out of me. I just want to make sure whether or not such jumpscares exist, and will appreciate if a dev could respond.

Cheers!
Will the GOG version have achievements via the GOG Galaxy platform?
Does SOMA require OpenGL 3.2 or 3.3?

EDIT: Nevermind, it has been corrected in the Troubleshooting Guide to 3.3, so question answered. Smile
(09-18-2015, 03:26 PM)Fatalist Wrote: [ -> ]Hi!
I have some questions about modding.
1. It's possible to make combat system like in "Penumbra:Overture"?
2. Can we use more than one light sources? Glowstick, flashlight, e.t.c.

You should be able to do both, though a combat system would require a fair bit of script work. There really aren't many limits to what can be done when it comes to mods except the low-level limits of the engine. Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20