Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Ask Anything About SOMA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
I know it is unlikely any more new questions will be answered here but just for the sake of it:

http://i.imgur.com/Ko5tODH.jpg

What was the inspiration behind this level? It looked very unique, HL2-esque.
Hey guys. Just signed up to let you know that I thoroughly enjoyed SOMA and absolutely loved the story/concept. I bought it on PS4 and would gladly buy it again on PC to support you guys if my funds allowed me to ;P

Keep up the amazing work and I'm looking forward to your next project.

ps. secretly hoping Amnesia/Penumbra will see a PS4/XONE release too Big Grin
A question for anyone to answer - but what happens if you kill the helpful robot instead of the delusional one before you get on the zeppelin?
Do you guys have any t-shirts for sale? When I wear my Half Life t-shirt I get shout outs from people EVERY SINGLE TIME I go out in public, it's pretty cool.

It's like some underground, modern day version of the Free Masons or something LOL

Serious tho you got any t-shirts for sale that would be awesome. Some cool logos from the game, or like "employee" company shirts from the game would be super cool.
@Striker From what I can see from the E3 videos they can make SOMA T-Shirts but they're only for the employees of Frictional. Logically, the only place you would get these T-Shirts is if you can contact an external T-Shirt printing store and get them to make on for you.

You could even get it cheaper that way too! Tongue
Can someone tell me how to use my Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick to play SOMA?
I don't see options for setting up a joystick in any menu.

Thanks for your time,
D
(10-11-2015, 11:51 AM)TheDoctorPoo Wrote: [ -> ]@Striker From what I can see from the E3 videos they can make SOMA T-Shirts but they're only for the employees of Frictional. Logically, the only place you would get these T-Shirts is if you can contact an external T-Shirt printing store and get them to make on for you.

You could even get it cheaper that way too! Tongue

Thanks! I might have to try that one
(10-09-2015, 03:49 PM)doctorferdinand Wrote: [ -> ]A question for anyone to answer - but what happens if you kill the helpful robot instead of the delusional one before you get on the zeppelin?

In game:

Spoiler below!
I watched a let's play by someone who killed K8 (I couldn't kill it because at that point I considered it my companion just like Catherine), and you get different dialogue lines. Simon tells Catherine which robot he chose, and she says something like "Oh nooo, those robots are so cute!", but then she starts laughing and adds "Don't worry... they're dumb as rocks!". Also, K8 seems to require more shocks than the delusional robot in order to kill it -- including one last shock after the poor little fellow has already fallen on the seabed. Frictional Games: you guys were mean here. ;_;

In real life:

Spoiler below!
Your significant other will be extremely sad and disappointed, and will attempt to make you feel guilty about it by any means possible. Angel
(10-12-2015, 05:42 AM)Ashtoreth Wrote: [ -> ]In real life:

Spoiler below!
Your significant other will be extremely sad and disappointed, and will attempt to make you feel guilty about it by any means possible. Angel

Keep tryin' Cool
Hello, Thomas and all "Frictional Games" development group! I know that you receive thousands of messages from different users everyday, but I really want to ask you some questions about "SOMA".

I really like all of your games, I completed "Amnesia: The Dark Descent" more than five times and I'm going to do the same with "SOMA". That's beacuse your games tell somethink new everytime people start to play them again.

Well, won't waste your time and will start from the question I wonder most of all: how many scripts were written for this game and what the first script was like? It will be really kind of you if you answer also these questions:

If there was a script when you posted first gameplay teaser (with sapider and brain) or it was just a demonstration of H3PL features. If this teaser was posted to show one of the first scrips, what it was about?

What is "Dark Swarm" and "Mind Coral" and how did they appeared to PATHOS-2?

If there was PATHOS-1 complex. If yes, what happened with it?

If the Simon's nightmare in the beginning of the game was meant to show player how our dreams are strange. If no, was there another meaning which is more deeper?

Finally, the last question. Why did The WAU tried to save humans with both stuffing mind scans into robots and creating monsters with structure gel? How does The WAU's alternative "Ark" work? I mean humans connected with this AI with different tubes and structure gel. Why do these "people" this they're real and why they can't live without connection to The WAU's system? (Lol, it looks ike "Matrix" appeared in "SOMA")

Incredibly big thanks to you for reading my message. Looking forward to hearing some answers before I start to compkete "SOMA" at the third time. Thanks for your awesome horror games, I'm really sure that "Frictional Games" are the Kings of Horror Games!

Have a nice day!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20